overall
Brewed by Rogue Ales
Style: Porter
Newport, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 2438   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58/5   IBU: 54   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Ruddy brown in color, a bittersweet balance of malt and hops with a light cream finish. 12 Ingredients: 2-Row, Munich, C120, Chocolate, Black, Kiln Coffee & Rogue Farms Dare™ & Risk™ Malts; Rogue Farms Rebel™ & Liberty™ Hops; Free Range Coastal Water and Pacman yeast.
"Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about beer." - Friar Tuck

Garrat (1347) - Suffolk, ENGLAND - MAY 6, 2005
From A Bottle.Black in colour with a red hue,small head,aroma is of biscuit and malt, taste is of dark malt,coffee and peanuts and a bitter finish.

Jonathan3584 (323) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 4, 2005
Quite an enjoyable porter. Way overpriced in my area, I’m afraid. I’m not sure why Rogue feels it can price its sixers at $10 in NC.

donrajin (233) - Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, USA - MAY 3, 2005
Yet another fine beer from Rogue. Dark brown colour with a nice tan head. Malt is the predominate flavor with the chocolate with a hint of roast shining through. If you find a bad one either its very very old or you don’t know good beer.

crizay (1050) - Brook Park, Ohio, USA - MAY 1, 2005
I wish I could say this beer tasted good but I was really dissapointed, tasted like a really bitter stoudt.

jon112981 (327) - Bristow, Virginia, USA - APR 28, 2005
Bottle. Nice black color with a tan head. Smell is of chocolate malt. Very good flavor. Nice blend of hops and malt. A great porter.

GonZoBeeR (3061) - ste-catherine, Quebec, CANADA - APR 28, 2005
Aroma:rosted malt and chocolta,cofee... Appearance:very dark brown,good brown head... Flavor:Dust,roestde malt,black chocolate..

Bov (12636) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - APR 28, 2005
thanks to fiulijn for giving this beer a second time (I broke it the first time ...) - black coloured, little brown tainted foam, roasted aroma of black chocolate, mocha and nuts, medium to full-bodied, tart and very bitter, slightly oily, long dry roasted coffeish finish - delicious !

Boutip (6312) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - APR 25, 2005
Bottle: Poured a pitch-black color beer with a nice foamy head with great retention. Aroma of roasted malt is dominating and seems to leave little place to the coffee aroma that I was expecting. Taste is dominated by bitterness and roasted malt and again I find little of the coffee/chocolate taste I was expecting. Overall, not bad but I’m a bit disappointed by this one.

Magjayran (1378) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - APR 25, 2005
Almost black in color with a thick off-white head. Aroma is dominated by malts and chocolate. Dark chocolate flavor with some hops. Good porter.

WesBeerGuy (62) - Rocky Hill, Connecticut, USA - APR 23, 2005
Not much of a smell to speak of... Mostly alcohol with a hint of mocha. But wow is it beautiful. Pours thick dark brown with a massive bubbly coffee colored head. Chocolate porter taste is quite good, but the aftertaste is where it’s at. The coffee flavor really comes out, and sticks around for a long time. Not my favorite porter of all time, but probably top 10.