overall
Brewed by Rogue Ales
Style: Porter
Newport, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 2410   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58/5   IBU: 54   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Ruddy brown in color, a bittersweet balance of malt and hops with a light cream finish. 12 Ingredients: 2-Row, Munich, C120, Chocolate, Black, Kiln Coffee & Rogue Farms Dare™ & Risk™ Malts; Rogue Farms Rebel™ & Liberty™ Hops; Free Range Coastal Water and Pacman yeast.
"Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about beer." - Friar Tuck

wade (59) - Decatur, Georgia, USA - APR 28, 2000
My favorite beer. There's really nothing else to say.......................

djsun2599 (12) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - OCT 4, 2001
This is one of my favorite porters. I stopped buying it because the carbonation left me with exploding beers. I've tried at least 10 six packs and there's always at least 2 beers that completly explode. I don't appreciate cleaning up half a beer off my floor. Especially this fine of a brew. What a waste. Has anyone else had this problem? Let me know... no I'm not shaking up the bottles..LOL

HoopsandHops (62) - ISRAEL - JAN 12, 2016
Bottle in Jerusalem. Poured into wine glass at room temperature. Don’t have good lighting here, so the appearance is pretty black with no carbonation visible. Big three fingers of fluffy head that’s slow to settle and leaves lots of lacing in its wake. Aroma is rich roasted malt, brazilian nuts, some coffee, chocolate, prune, leather, toasted bread crust, yeast. That earns it a 10. Mmmm, taste does not disappoint -- rich roasted nuttiness, vanilla, sweet coffee, bitter chocolate. Finishes with a milky sweetness. Delightful. Body is medium-to-full, texture is...soothing? Soft and coats the mouth. Carbonation is soft. This is a home run of a porter and one I’ll be returning to.

ultraspank (867) - Alverca, Lisboa, PORTUGAL - APR 1, 2002
I am fortunate to have a very fresh sixer of this in bottles. This brew pours dark muddy black with a full enough body to rival any stout. The huge rocky head is brown with excellent lacing, and was still remaining when I took my last swig. The clean pleasant malty aroma is very complex with sweet roasted caramel coffee, and dark chocolate and is very cookie like. Rogue balances the malt aroma with flowers, resin, heavy citrus, dough, earth, plum, toffee, and date. The delicate (for a porter) but rich flavor is fresh, and clean. With a balance between moderate bitterness, sweetness, and acidity (a grapefruit like taste in the middle), this brew is everything I could ask for in a porter. The palate is syrupy and creamy with soft carbonation, yet finishes dry. It's fullness is unsurpassed - I have had stouts with less body. Outstanding. I love this beer!!