overall
Brewed by Rogue Ales
Style: Smoked
Newport, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 725   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91/5   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
13 Ingredients: Briess Cherrywood Smoked Malt, Weyermann Beechwood Smoked Malt, House-smoked Hickory Malt, Great Western 2 Row, Munich, C15, C75 Malts; Applewood-Smoked Bacon, Pure Maple Flavoring, Rogue Micro Hopyard Revolution & Independent Hops, Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast Specs: 14º PLATO 30 IBU 76 AA 30º Lovibond World Class Package: 750ml painted bottle.

SPDickerman (1239) - Texas, USA - APR 10, 2012
Pours dark orange with a large yellow-tan head. Smells smoky, woody, and sweet. Taste is sweet and smoky. Medium-bodied with a smooth, wet texture and average mouth-carbonation, Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale finishes with some smoke and mild maple syrup sweetness.

beerisgoodforu (992) - Nørresundby, DENMARK - APR 10, 2012
Bottle. Pours a dark amber color with an off white head. Aroma is straight up of bacon, smoke and maple syrup, some woody notes and smoked sausage, and sugar. The flavor follows the nose with lots of bacon and smoke, with some of the maple syrup in the back end, again woody notes and smoked sausage. The body is on the lighter side of medium, with a dry mouth feel. Overall a pretty different brew. Its good, but not something I think everyone will like.

DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 9, 2012
Store brand generic artificially flavored maple syrup mixed with melted styrofoam and packed in a pink bottle with a bunch of enticing sounding dessert-ish words. This shit was foul and left a taste in my mouth that reminded me of being 4 and eating something that was inedible...my 35 years of intelligence made me stop at two sips though, I wish I was this smart when I was 4.

PorterPounder (7970) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - APR 8, 2012
Panama City, Fl - Chan’s Wine World (thanks to the wife for bringing it back for me) - 22 oz bomber. Pours a light copper, slightly murky, little to no head. Aroma has essences of maple syrup and link sausage. Flavor has some smoked sausage notes, some pancakes and maples syrup. Mouthfeel is a tad thin and tinny. Thought this had the potential to be a cloying mess - but was pleasantly surprised. My son is a huge Voodoo Doughnuts fan - will save the bottle for him.

garth_86 (225) - EDMONTON, Alberta, CANADA - APR 8, 2012
Red pour with tan head. Nose gets very smokey characters with maple. Taste is the same, extremely smokey and bacon just doesn’t work for me. Could not finish beer but worked nice to cook with. At $14.99 wont buy again.

ApisAles (1575) - Greenbelt, Maryland, USA - APR 8, 2012
Pours a nice red color with a light tan head. Aroma is total maple bar doughnut. It brought me right back to when I used to eat them when I was a kid. There’s a hint of smoke there but it’s not overwhelming. Big artificial maple aroma and flavor. Smokey "bacon" kind of kicks in on the back end of the palate. As this beer warmed it got steadily worse. Weird chemical notes, just like the doughnuts used to have! Kind of a hot mess but not terrible. "A" for effort.

goosegossage12 (36) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - APR 7, 2012
One of the most interesting beers I have ever had. It is a strong maple smell right from the pour. The taste is initially bacon followed by a slightly bitter, reminding you that it is actually beer and finished by a terrible after taste that lingers on your tongue. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

MrPickles (438) - Waunakee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 7, 2012
The beer everyone loves to hate. Smells like a morning diner with a chain smoker. Taste is burnt smokey bacon with a side of maple syrup. This would actually be fantastic if it wasn’t for all the smoke. There is just too much smoke for me and it took away from the rest it had going on. VERY interesting and under ratted.

madvike (3264) - Middleton, Wisconsin, USA - APR 6, 2012
Bottle shared by MrPickles...thanks Andy! - Pours lightly hazy amber with a ring of white head. Smells just like applewood smoked bacon...nummy. I want to smell more, but it’s pretty much just that--and a little maple syrup. Taste is...well, applewood smoked bacon drenched in maple syrup with pancakes or waffles. Wait, why do people hate this again? It’s not cloying or overbearing, and it tastes just like tasty breakfast foods. Thin and watery, but whatever--it’s not a porter. Nom nom nom.

WisconsinBeer (716) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - APR 6, 2012
Bottle. Hazy orange color, minimal head. Aroma is smokey and bacon like. Flavor is slightly sweet, notes of maple syrup, smoke, bacon. Reminds me of eating a McGriddle. Looking at the ingredient list I assumed this would be a smoke overload, but it’s nicely balanced. Medium bodied. I wouldn’t mind drinking this once in awhile, but not for $12 per bottle.