overall
RATINGS: 64   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 228   ABV: 7.6%
This is the big boy! 90 IBU, lots of maltiness and 7.6%+ ABV! A very tasty full flavored ale, our most popular. It has earned the tag line - "Watch out, the Warrior will get you!"

jtclockwork (17284) - , New Jersey, USA - JUL 19, 2016
Draft - pours orange white head - nose/taste of pine, orange peel, sweet caramel - med body

Ferris (16519) - Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA - JUL 19, 2016
Draft - Nondescript hops and sweetness. Clearish gold with a rich white head. Sweet and malty with sticky citrus hops.

kevinsenn (2289) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 2, 2015
On tap at Rooster Fish. Amazing aroma of tropical fruit. Awesome. Taste is rich with resin, fruit, pine, with a good bittersweet balance. Very good. Right up my alley.

Beerathon (1681) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 19, 2015
From bomber bottle, 8% ABV listed. Burnt orange pour with semi-creamy khaki colored head and lacing. Hop oils/resin in the nose, along with some pine and grapefruit pith. Sweetish malt backbone helps balance everything out. Very enjoyable.

Lubiere (14151) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 10, 2015
A hazed reddish amber DIPA with a thick frothy mocha head. In aroma, sweet fruity caramel malt with grassy hops, light vinous character, nice. In mouth, oxidized vinous malt with treacle, light surranated hops, light mineral notes, OK but tired.

ben4321 (6739) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - SEP 11, 2014
Found some old rating notes from TapNY 2013 that somehow never got entered. (I’m keeping this a little shorter than my normal rating style to help catch-up my backlog a little faster.)
I thought this was a pretty nice DIPA. It has a plenty of hop bitterness. Fruity hops. Some caramel malt flavors are here too. Pretty nice mouthfeel as well.

kramer (6905) - Sunbury, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 13, 2014
Tap. Pours a crystal clear dark copper body with a reddish hue. The nose is moderately hoppy with a little too much crystal malt sweetness. Decent citrus and grapefruit qualities to the hops. The flavor is way too sweet for my tastes. It’s really heavy on the crystal malt, tastes like Lipton Instant Iced Tea mix. It dulls the hops horribly. The sweetness lingers on for a long time in the finish. Mouthfeel is fairly thick and chewy with tons of residual sweetness. Soft gentle carbonation. Terrible example of an IIPA for my tastes.

can8ianben (1577) - State College, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 19, 2013
It is rare that I try a IIPA that I dislike... This came close. Mostly sweet big malt and bitter finish. I didn’t get a very powerful aroma or hop flavor. I wish there was more here, I really wanted to like it.