overall
RATINGS: 50   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17/5   IBU: 31   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
A mild dark lager with a distinct character, and closely resembles the lager handcrafted by the German brewmeisters at the original Roslyn Brewery one hundred years ago. We use our own recipe of Roslyn water, fresh from the Cascade Mountains, four types of malted barley and three hop varieties to produce this smooth lager.

11026 (1772) - Alabama, USA - JUL 30, 2005
Bottle from DA. Rich, deep brown colore with bits of red. Moderate tan head leaves great lacing. Nicely roasty in aroma. Light in body. Clean, roasted malt flavors with nut and coffee being dominant. A bit drying?? Decent.

carruthm (1400) - Seattle, Washington, USA - OCT 4, 2008
on tap at hopvine
V - darkish, medium brown with little head
A - pretty mild, some notes of malt
T - also mild with caramel and malt
P - fine, inoffensive brew but lacking a plus trait

CheersMate (1343) - Portland (Sellhood), Oregon, USA - NOV 5, 2010
22 oz. bottle Translucent brown with a wispy head. Slight nuttiness, but mainly I’m smelling dark fruit -- figs, for me. Not much of an aroma, in fact, this beer isn’t pungent whatsoever. The head faded away rather quickly. The flavor is a bit dull. The beer has some nuttiness, and sweetness coming from the malts, but not much. This beer is quite boring, and texture isn’t great either. I should have possibly imbibed this at a much cooler temperature.

19Ei8hty (1166) - Washington, USA - SEP 18, 2007
Bottle - 22oz. Flat. No carbonation. No head. That being said; the malt is rich and smooth. Light sweetness with a cereal grain essense. A little nutty and earthy. Wish I got one that had a little CO2 left on the bottle. Liked the bottle art!

drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - FEB 7, 2005
This is totally standard for the style. Fairly drinkable, slightly bitter, some smokiness, just very by-the-book. One good aspect this beer has is the complete lack of a generic lager bite, making it very drinkable, just nothing to write home about.

mdi (573) - Nebraska, USA - MAY 31, 2004
Dark brew, tan head. Big roasty chocolate aroma and flavor. Drank well, not light or watery but certainly not heavy...does finish crisp, chocolate lingers on for a bit afterwards. A very enjoyable session brew that went great with grilling and the finished grilled kabobs.

Hanuta06 (487) - Washington, USA - JAN 2, 2013
UPDATED: JAN 4, 2013 Serving: from bottle--purchased at Full Throttle Bottles. Aroma: moderately roasted malty. Appearance: large, frothy, light brown, initial head with mostly lasting longevity. Dark brown body. Taste: moderately sweet initial taste with moderately bitter finish and long duration. Palate: medium-bodied with dry texture and soft carbonation. Overall: outstanding. Great taste--somewhat complex but not overpowering. I look forward to drinking this beer again.

22415brewery (379) - Washington, USA - SEP 26, 2011
On tap at Fremont Oktoberfest Seattle, WA. Pours dark brown with shades of black...no head, white lacing, and evidence of little carbonation. Slightly roasted aroma and light fruity esthers. Close your eyes and it might as well be BMC beer in this cup. No roasted nor toasted flavors present. Slightly medicinal finish and astringent mouthfeel. Rough finish to say the least.

nicplemel (19) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAR 15, 2005
Maybe I just can’t appreciate a lager properly but I was disappointed. As far as lagers go I enjoyed this more than most but I still felt that there was a lack of complexity I could just not get over. It was very crisp and clean and did avoid some of things that most lagers don’t as far as flavor goes. Whan I lived in MN and had yet to be exposed to craft brews I would have raved about this but what can I say I’ve been spoiled since.

tbauer1134 (18) - - APR 7, 2014
The perfect transition beer from Winter to Spring. Poured from a bomber into a regular pint glass. Nice brown/dark amber in the glass with nice head retention. Plenty of roasted malts on the nose with a smidge of coffee plus faint hops. More roasted malts and coffee on the palate followed by a slight hop bitterness. Maybe I was just in the perfect mood but this was delicious.