overall
RATINGS: 45   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.98/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
This summertime lager is both smooth and refreshing as soon as it hits the lips. We take so much pride in it because there is truly nothing else like it on the market. We brew this American Style Lager beer with three types of malt: pilsner, pale and carafoam which enhance the head retention of this beer. We then gingerly scatter some very light floral hops at the beginning to give it some esters and sweetness that compliment the watermelon. The true magic of this beer does not occur in the brewing process but in the conditioning vessel. This is where we add the best farm fresh local watermelon and than push the beer into it, allowing it to sit and saturate for a few weeks. By the time it is complete, we are left with a unbelievably smooth tasting beer with a beautiful aroma and subtle taste of watermelon that imparts its way into this already crisp lager. Truly our customers' favorite, this one will have you reaching for another glass soon after you put the first one down.

ryanhunter_4 (334) - Strathmore, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 5, 2015
12 ounce bottle poured at my grandparent’s in Carlisle, PA. Pours a clear golden with a slight white head. Doesn’t really have a lot of smell. Tastes like watermelon. Decent little summer beer. Drinkable.

bu11zeye (13215) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - APR 19, 2012
(Growler) Pours a lightly hazy golden body with a small white head. Aroma of watermelon, grain, and grass. Flavor of watermelon candy, light florals, and grain. Refreshing summer beer.

checkmatei1 (783) - Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 30, 2008
Draft @ Capones: Poured a golden yellow with small thin white head. The aroma was some watermelon, malts and barley. Nothing overpowering. The flavor was initially of ’real’ watermelons and left me with a flavor of a watered down lager. Overall, a tasty brew, but not good enough for me to write home about it.

BeerGestapo (754) - Mt.Joy, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 28, 2008
Brewed in the USA !!! (KSBF) Pours a hazy yellow color with a small white head. Aroma of light watermelon and some malts. Taste is much of the same with the addition of grains. Overall, It was very mild but could be nice on a sunny day.

GenDV138 (7706) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - JAN 21, 2017
12 oz bottle poured into a tulip. Courtesy of DCLawyer, thanks Jason! Clear straw yellow with off-white head. Aromas of fresh cut grass, a hint of watermelon, a little earthy. Tastes of watered down watermelon juice, grains, wheat. Light body with a dry finish.

solidfunk (9407) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - JUL 26, 2016
Decent watermelon influx makes this a slightly interesting lager. Pours golden with ok head. Light sweet finish with some crispness. Tap at pizza paradiso.

DCLawyer (2914) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - AUG 16, 2016
Bottle->Foghorn Leghorn shaker. Hazy pale yellow with big frothy white head. A: wet rotting hops, pilsner malt, melon rind. T: watermelon, grass, hay, grains, noble hops. Not terrible.

bp (923) - New York, New York, USA - SEP 13, 2008
Draft at Capone’s, pours a cloudy blonde color with a thin white head, aroma of melon and the taste is the same, fairly thin mouthfeel. This is different but not that great. I got sick of it pretty fast.

icky09 (14) - - JUN 5, 2012
A unique fruit beer, not being a huge fruit beer fan I’m not a fan. I was at the brewery and figured I would give it a go. I am sure some will love it but it’s not for me.

TomDecapolis (4636) - Milton, Delaware, USA - JUN 25, 2008
On tap at Capones. Pours a hazy golden with a smaller bubbly white head that left slight lacing. Aroma was light cereal grains, hay a little grassy and the faintest hint of watermelon. Flavor the watermelon was up front, kind of tart like a watermelon jolly rancher, cereal grains, light grassy and bready notes. I’m torn on the flavor here. I love watermelon candy but I’m afraid this is coming across as watermelon soda mixed with a lager. I don’t hate it, just throwing me off. Like the tartness and it is refreshing. Weak aroma.