overall
RATINGS: 142   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 80   EST. CALORIES: 246   ABV: 8.2%
First brewed in 2008 for batch # 3,000. This is our version of a Double India Pale Ale. This year we used almost 900 lbs of English pale malt, and over 40 lbs of hops in a 10 barrel batch. A nice golden color with aromas of pine, citrus and some earthy spicy notes. This is what hop lovers dream about. Get hopped up on the sauce.!
2008-2009 vintage: 8.9% abv
2010-2011 vintage: 8.1% abv

Randy916 (3) - - MAR 17, 2014 does not count
UPDATED: MAR 22, 2014 Pine citrus bitterness. Love it this is what hop lovers dream about. Good color and aroma.

mrhoppy (1288) - Santa Clara, California, USA - MAY 15, 2009
I had this at the Brewery and was very happy and satisfied. Definitely a double. Full of flavor and well balanced. Really hits the spot. From one hop head to another. Get to this brewery and try this beer! You’ll be glad you did.

GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - JUN 13, 2012
An excellent specimen with a rich golden color and a standing head. Standard aromatics, full nectar weight with a softness on the tongue and good carbonation. This brew is well balanced and sips nicely. A classic brew.

MikeNowick1986 (17) - - OCT 3, 2014
UPDATED: OCT 21, 2014 This is a Damn tasty beer....a really,really,really Damn tasty beer..................Seriously,a Damn tasty beer.

Maltajo (329) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JAN 13, 2013
Bomber from total Wine Tucson. This is a fantastic big brew! Nice pour with a huge o head. High in hoppy flavor. Lots of citrus. Very refreshing. Enjoy!

brybell (1) - California, USA - JAN 9, 2014 does not count
This was a great beer. Poured a rather dark golden color, and slightly cloudy. I was surprised by how dark it was for an IPA. Small, quickly dissipating head. Aroma was sweet, some citrus notes, with lots of hoppy resinous pine. It was very sweet, but not super malty, which I was surprised about. Hops were balanced by the sweetness. Overall I really enjoyed this one.

iowaherkeye (2703) - Ocean Beach, San Diego, California, USA - DEC 19, 2009
On cask @ Beachwood BBQ. Murky brownish orange with a two finger off-white head, fading to a thick film before long. Big tropical fruit and floral hop nose dominates with some dank herbal weed. There are also some caramel malts, and don’t seem to be too sweet like don’t of Rubicon beers are. Flavor is a bitter rocking hops explosion that borders astringency, but very tasty. Seems slightly more herbal than the aroma, though still very tropical. Minimal caramel malts are noted, and no sweetness. Burps herbal fruity hops! Bitterness peaks at a 7-8, bone dry finish, with some light alcohol warmth--also Beachwood has it listed at 7.9%. Medium body with very light prickly carbonation. I think I’ve got hops in my teeth.

Bartzilla (622) - La Mesa, California, USA - JUN 13, 2012
Great name for a beer that fully illustrates the flavor. This does taste like sauce made out of hops. And, again, with the $3.99 price on the bomber. I was sad to see my shop was out of this when I recently went there. I should have bought some to stock up. And by stock up, I mean drink all of them in one night because my "Off switch" would be passing out on my couch after a bunch of 8.1% bombers.

Patrik (796) - Amarillo City, - OCT 17, 2015
Flarra. Doften otroligt fruktig lite söt. Där finns massor ananas å persika. Smaken oooh mjuk fin av moget päron lite apelsin å äpple. Och den där svaga jordkällare doften som bara finns i kvalitets öl. Perfekt efterbeska åh lång smak. En medelfyllig Dipa som lätt drickes närhelst . Fiiiin.

DYCSoccer17 (3697) - Woodland, California, USA - JUL 14, 2008
10 ounce sample on tap at the brewpub..actually, I had two. Aroma is jammed with hops. Mostly citrus grapefruit, but there is also some spicines and some metallic aromas present, too. A little lingering sweetness is in there. Very aromatic. Transparent copper body with an off-yellowish head. Fair lacing. Starts a bit fruity, which is followed with a bit of a spiced hoppy kick. The malts then kick in with some sweet, caramel, and chewy flavors/mouthfeel. Finishes with lightly bitter citrus tangerine hops. Very smooth, very drinkable. No ethanol detected. Not a huge hop bomb, and this is a bit sweet. I could see how some hopheads might not like this, but I prefer a more balanced beer and this one accomplishes that feat. Quality stuff.