overall
RATINGS: 1399   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.99/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 183   ABV: 6.1%
70 IBU’s. 1.061 Original Gravity.

Full-bodied, very hoppy, citrus, pine, fruity notes with nice dry, bitter finish!

unrulythings' rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
unrulythings (73) - Bend, Oregon, USA - AUG 26, 2008
pours a golden amber color with a big white head. aroma is heavy of hops with hints of caramel and light malts. flavor is strong with a nice bite of green hops, grapefruit, and pine. overall, I thought it a good brew.

Bill Becker (1910) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - DEC 7, 2017
From Jul 2008

I bought this from South Bay Drugs & Liquors. Thanks Joey!

Ahhh..a 500ml bottle. Time to pull out my trusty New Belgium Imperial Pint glass.

It's a nice clear medium gold in colour with a 2 finger head of foam that shrunk quickly to 1 finger but now doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon. Good sticky lacing.

The smell is of grapefruit and floral hops and is very nice. A similar nose to other IPAs that I've had but nevertheless, always a pleasure to encounter.

The taste certainly is all about the hops. Big notes grapefruit and some grass that are a bitter delight on my palate but there is *some* malt in the background. Way in the background but it's there and does provide some support and at least an attempt at balance.. Hell, that's ok with me as American IPAs go. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a more balanced example, sometimes I want the hops to dominate and permeate my every taste bud. It all depends on my mood and right now, I say "bring on the hops" and Blind Pig is not disappointing me at all in that regard.

Good medium mouthfeel with a lightish amount of carbonation. It finishes on the same note it started...bitter and delicious. And...pretty easy drinking to boot. I'm having zero problems finishing this bottle but that, in itself, is a problem if you get where I'm coming from.

And yeah, head retention is better than average as I had a feeling it would be.

Bottom line: I'm pretty darned happy that I picked this brew up and I enjoyed the bottle I drank immensely. Now, I look forward to *trying* to get some Pliny The Elder. RR really does have it all going on....

bigtaster (1033) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - NOV 9, 2017
UPDATED: NOV 9, 2017 On tap at Fate brewpub. Clear copper beige head. Nose is tropical fruit, mango, lemon, mango, hey. Light body medium carbonation, medium bitterness. Long pine finish. Very drinkable classic and delicious.

kazooka (58) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - OCT 22, 2017
From bottle dated 9/29/17. Caramel malt, citrus hops, doughy and butterscotch nose. Hazy golden pour with substantial head evolves into a lingering off white lace. Creamy medium-heavy sweet, medium-heavy bitter, and salty. Medium-full bodied and slick textures with soft carbonation lingers on the palate. Long bitter hop-laden finish. Somewhat thick but not too heavy. A blind pig not to disappoint!

bursprak (3285) - Aarhus, DENMARK - OCT 12, 2017
Tap @ Apex, Portland. Clear copper pour with a generous head. Notes of resin, some grapefruit, caramel and some citrus. Good stuff!

danielst (421) - AUSTRIA - OCT 8, 2017
On tap @ Monk's Cafe. Golden blonde color. Zesty grapefruit and more spice in the flavor, with a good honey malt backbone. Rich and lingering bitterness. Thoroughly enjoyed this.

AgentAle (1817) - Fort Mcmurray, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 6, 2017
Aroma is citrus, passion fruit, grapefruit and honey. The deep hop profile mellows out incredibly. This IPA has so much depth and yet it is oddly sessions.

ffaoe (954) - Moorestown, New Jersey, USA - SEP 13, 2017
Bright citrusy, faint tropical fruit aromas. Gold and clear in color with nice long lasting head. Taste is of citrus, faint tropical fruit, pine, faint resin

tightslice (1448) - Redwood City, California, USA - SEP 10, 2017
On tap at Mission Bowl in San Francisco, CA. Aroma is sweet grass, grapefruit. Taste is grassy, soapy, grapefruit. Both crisp and creamy.

gripweed57 (2912) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - SEP 9, 2017
On tap at Monk's Cafe in Philadelphia. Clear, amber orange pour. Finger high creamy beige head. Sharp, bittersweet toasted malt flavor upfront is quickly overtaken by the burst of piney, resiny hops. Dank, citrus hops and toffe-like malt in middle. Dry, resiny, bitter hops in finish. Really well done.

nealblind (1977) - Seattle, Alabama, USA - AUG 25, 2017
Yellow pour. Aroma some wheat some oranges. Tastes crisp some pine some orange grapefruit. Very fresh. Might be better than pliny. Water palate makes it great.