overall
RATINGS: 1295   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.14/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Ale with currants added and aged in oak barrels.

When we made the Toronado’s 20th Anniversary Ale, we had no idea that it would turn out to be one of our favorite barrel aged beers we would ever make. With that said, we have always wanted to make a dark barrel aged beer using 100% Cabernet Sauvignon barrels but, we never were inspired. That is, until we blended five different beers to make the Toronado beer, the tobacco character from the the dark malts blended nicely with the furit character that developed in blending. So, with Concescration we set out to make a barrel beer using all Cabernet Sauvignon barrels. No, we are not saying that this is a replica of the T-rooms anniversary beer, after all, a beer like that can never be duplicated, and, there was no fruit added to that beer as there is with this one. All we are saying is that it gave us great inspiration to brew Consecration.

Caskalefan (168) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUN 27, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 18, 2010 This one even tops Stille Nacht Reserve ’96 as my all-time favorite beer...there is little I can say, other than to delineate its complexity thusly...Chocolate, coconut, currant, caramel, candied orange, coriander, celeriac, radish, the requisite horse blanket, and barnyard funk, rhubarb, lemon zest, lots of tobacco, black pepper, walnut, tangerine, acanthus leaf/bay leaf, cherry skin, strawberry, kiwi, balsamic vinegar, sweet cream butter, cigarette ash, kale, ginger, cardamom, Branston pickle, pineapple, and pink grapefruit are somehow all orchestrated meticulously, and even seamlessly, into the absolutely hands-down best beer I’ve ever had the delight to savor...the body is creamier than I’ve ever experienced in a sour ale, and the 10% alcohol really allowed all those aforementioned flavors to blossom to their absolute fullest If any of you real beer aficionados get the chance to try this one, don’t let the $22 price tag scare you off. After all, it’s a 25.4 0z. dose, and, believe me, it’s cheap, for what it is.

scotchzi (302) - Florida, USA - JUN 17, 2010
This is the best sour ever! From that first smell and sip pucker to the sweet mouth feel and the lingering bitter and sour taste left in your mouth this beer is great! It left a nice lace on our glasses and a longer for more in our mouths. The aroma alone is enough to make you fall in love with sours. It has the perfect balance of sweet Belgium yeast sour candy and and bitter hops. Thank you Tim and Rachel for sharing this with me

SAVertigo (20) - Shillington, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 8, 2010
I’m giving this beer a perfect score. I was lucky enough to have found a bottle for sale at the Canal St Pub in Reading PA. It was a 12oz bottle for $18. I wanted to buy 2, but they only had 1 left. Everything about this beer was neat. The aroma was a sour/malty red wine smell. I know that doesn’t really go together, but somehow it worked for this beer. Appearance : Reddish/Brown Amberish in Color. Taste : My friend said it best "it’s almost like a warhead how sour it is". It’s really sour, with a great red wine taste and a dry finish. Overall : This is THE beer to get for sour ale fans. It’s the most accessible of the Top 10 and it’s fantastic.

trufflupagus (16) - USA - FEB 6, 2011
Perhaps my favorite beer at the moment. We had this on tap in Seattle in December and then brought some home from SF. So sour and fizzy and magical.

rskinnel (2) - Arizona, USA - MAR 7, 2011 does not count
This beer begins with strong bitter cherry notes, but it mellows beautifully. The bar tender warned me it would change my life, and I do believe he was right.

mo_feezy (1) - - FEB 12, 2012 does not count
This is one of my top 5 favorites ever. Definitely got that sour cherry sort of taste going on and raises the bar for the sour/wild ale category. Unfortunatly they are hard to come by in most places.

SPDickerman (1239) - Texas, USA - MAR 15, 2012
Pours somewhere between amber and mahogany, with hints of orange, and with a fast fizzling head. Smells sour, fruity, and of white wine with a touch of oak. Taste is initially sour and then moves to fruity sweetness. Medium-to-full bodied with an astringent texture and prickly mouth-carbonation, Russian River Consecration finishes with a soft lingering sweet-sourness.

mrhoppy (1288) - Santa Clara, California, USA - APR 27, 2012
This beer is sooooo good! I will not even try to describe it. I am not worthy! Perfection! So dang expensive!!!!!!

sirblazealot (2) - riverside, California, USA - JUN 22, 2012 does not count
This is the best beer that I’ve ever had! A great sour with plenty of kick and a lingering Cabernet taste that is unmatched!

BrewtopiaofPJ (37) - Miller Place, New York, USA - MAY 4, 2013
Batch 2 bottle - what can I say that my score don’t say. This is one amazing beer. Aged to perfection, perfect balance of sour. Beautiful color. Currant and wine and age = perfect beer!