overall
Brewed by Cool Beer Brewing Co.
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Toronto, Canada

RATINGS: 77   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06/5   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Saint Andre is made with a blend of five specialty malts imported from Belgium. These help to create a smooth, complex character which is balanced by a crisp hop flavour. The result is a remarkably drinkable beer that celebrates the best Europe has to offer. Lager in The Bohemian style. Note: Brewed by Doug Pengelly of Ste. Andre at the Stratford Brewing facility.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
joeycapps (1468) - Waterdown, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 2, 2002
Bright reddish Amber colour. Lightly toasted malt aroma. Creamy, Medium body. Complex maltiness w/ moderately bitter finish. Well-balanced.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mrkimchee (1414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 19, 2002
amber colour, fluffy white head. big caramelly malt aroma. more sweet malt and faint hops in the mouth. overall quite malty, but the hops still let you know that theyre there. quite enjoyable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
WheatKing (1338) - Phnom Penh, CAMBODIA - MAY 28, 2012
Darker golden colour, noble hop aromas, nice bitter hop flavour. A very rich lager. Ive only had it at Cest What; some of my friends love craft beer but some of my friends dont care for ales. So if this were available on draft more often wed always get pitchers of this.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mephisto (1286) - TAIWAN - JUL 10, 2007
draft at beer bistro in toronto. copper hue with white head, the aroma is bread and munich malt. the flavor is vienna malt with bready aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Cartoonkhaki (1257) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 16, 2003
Slight hoppy aroma. Nice redish brown colour. I like the balance of bitter and malt and creamy smoothness. It is a decent beer. I can taste a little bit of alcohol in the flavour. I've recently read the other day that zinc plays a roll in the sensitivity of your taste and smell. I've been supplimenting my diet with zinc for a month now. I have to agree with what I read. This has made my enjoyment of beer better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
kseecs16 (1216) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - NOV 23, 2007
Draught at the beer bistro. Copper amber with little head, reddish in color. Dry malty flavor with a crisp medium body. Can really smell the sweet crystal malts. Some lacing, great for the style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - AUG 22, 2007
341 ml bottle. Orange amber colour with a mostly lasting frothy and rocky off-white head. Honey, lightly grainy, light bread, and velvety caramel aroma. Bready, orange, and lightly grainy flavours with a sweetish, lightly acidic, and lightly spicy finish, plus a very late nutty bitterness. Light bodied but refreshing mouthfeel. Not bad at all.

JesseM (1158) - Margaritaville, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 6, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 18, 2009 Well I finally got around to trying this one. Man, I wish I hadnt waited so long to find out what a down-right delicious brew it is! The only other Vienna Ive ever had was Brooklyn Lager, and I was not impressed at all, in fact I greatly disliked it, so I became a little hesitant towards the style. But this one has totally changed my perspective on a style that by all logical means I should be in love with. It pours a beautiful copper-ruby colour with a large, sticky, rocky beige head. The aroma, some saaz hops on top of a huge pile of various malts. The flavour, a delicious blend of caramel, munich, bready, biscuity malts, with some great hop bite, not a lot of saaz flavour that I tend to look for, but still very tasty and perfectly balanced. This beer is so tasty and enjoyable, and I love the little historical blurb on the side of the box. Out-standing!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
cyrenaica (1126) - Milton, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 8, 2008
341ml bottle
4.6% ABV
I tried this beer on January 18, 2008 at "Smokeless Joes" in Toronto. The beer poured a translucent red with a thin white head which disappears quickly. The aroma is malty and grassy. The mouthfeel was medium bodied with low carbonation. The flavour was slightly sweet, a little malt, and a lot of grass!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
AleRider78 (1000) - Winchester, Ontario, CANADA - APR 10, 2016
341ml bottle. Pours a dark amber colour, with a bubbly foamy head, which goes away pretty quickly. Ok lacing. Aromas of malts and wheats. Pretty bitter taste, with some sweet malts and not much more. Tasted better from the bottle and slightly chilled at the time. This one has been in my fridge for a few months so not sure ehat to make of it. Enjoyed them previously from a 6 pack purchased in Toronto, but this bottle not as good.