overall
RATINGS: 311   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Important: let this beer warm to at least 50° before enjoying. This beer is black with some ruby highlights. The nose is full of pumpkin pie spices and some alcohol. There are notes of nutmeg, caraway and vanilla. The taste starts with chocolate malt with a hint of spice and rolls into a warm spicy alcohol taste which has the effect of creating the balance that usually comes from the hop bitter. There is some hop bitter on the finish, but not much. Overall, this beer finishes relatively dry for such a big beer. As it warms, the spices move forward in the taste and the chocolate moves to the finish. The pumpkin provides a pleasant undertone and a nice mouthfeel. The spices will probably fade some over time; they mellowed considerably while still in the fermenter.

Originally brewed as Divine Reserve #9.

scootpolute (27) - Round Rock, Texas, USA - OCT 19, 2013
The Pumkinator...2013!!!!
I can see why my beverage ’bro’ (who would like to remain anonymous for the ’solid’ he did for me) saved me one of these and demanded that I have one (so much so he let me take it for free, on Scout’s honor that I would pay later) before anyone else got their hands on it! Is it worth over $10-12 bucks for a 22ozs. bomber, YES!!!...This would an awesome beer to conclude holiday party...after the keg dies, or majority of the people are gone...anyone who ’busts’ 2-3 of ’these’ out for the last few around would be considered the rock star of the year!!!...btw, I cracked my favorite pint-cone (Magic-Hat, Burlington, VT) while enjoying this one...OKIE, enough of the gab...here’s the ’REAL’ deal:

Cavie (4837) - Arlington, Texas, USA - DEC 1, 2009
UPDATED: NOV 6, 2010 On tap at G man FW. I brought my sorry butt outside in the cold and rain just to get the full experience of this gem. As I’m typing my intro I can already smell a glorious candy corn aroma wafting from the glass. Lots of bazooka Joe sweetness too. Black in the middle with a lighter brown touch near the edges. Wheat brown head. Caramel notes on the nose with the aforementioned notes as well. A sense of alcohol is also felt. Winter spice begins to emerge as the beer begins to warm. Interesting that the pumpkin
smell shows up later in the sniff. Winter spices bring cinnamon and nutmeg to the table. Very creamy mouthfeel with an immediate tingle on the tip of the tongue. Abv is felt and warms up the tongue. Warm gingerbread taste and caramel malts. Pumpkin taste is much less perverse than I was anticipating after watching the video of how much they put in it. It doesn’t show up till near the aftertaste and sits fantastically. Tastes like a warm Christmas cookie that was given to me by a pixie in an elf costume. My faith
is totally restored in the Divine Reserve series. Fantastic. 4.5

RE-RATE 11/6/10 Bottle from my cellar. Been sitting on this guy for awhile. Dark dark brown color with a rich brown head. Aroma is still fantastic. Lovely cinnamon and hot spice. Some alcohol can still be smelled. Tastes like a wonderful Christmas cookie. Well balanced and still fantastic.

ilovedarkbeer (2750) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - DEC 1, 2009
Zero expectations going into this. Having experienced quite a few top pumpkin ales recently I can confidently say this is a total home run. Pours a dark mahogany color with a orangish light brown head. Nose smells of nutmeg cinnamon booze pumpkin Ginger ash dark chocolate burnt cookies and syrup. Taste is dark chocolate, spices, booze, pumpkin pie, and liquer and cola. Mouthfeel is highly carbonated And the finish lasts extremely long. Awesome. Perfect for my palate.

dogfish120love (1364) - Westfield, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 11, 2009
Thanks MaltOMeal. Holy pumpkin Batman. Huge pumkin pie spiced aroma with subtle notes of peat and chocolate with a little coffee. Appearance is dark brown almost black with a thin brown head. Flavor is chocolaty with pumpkin,spice and some booze shining through. Despite its sweetness I could drink this forever.

wavers1 (916) - Notown, California, USA - DEC 12, 2009
UPDATED: DEC 15, 2009 bottle courtesy of boomer0813, thanks! pours a viscous very dark brown with only 1 ginger of brown head from a vigorous pour. aroma leaps out at you pop the cap, awesome pumkin spices! aroma is great, with lots of cloves, nutmeg, some cinnamon, burnt malts, and some lighter roasty notes. the flavor is great. nice and heavy, pumkin spices very present but not at all overwhelming, and just a hit of warmth from the alcohol make it a great warmer. well balanced bittersweet aftertaste, and the palate is smoothe and creamy and full. i need more! rerated with only change from 4 to 5 on appearance once i noticed that the head is most definately orange!

dimenhetfield (2554) - , Florida, USA - MAY 27, 2011
12oz bottle. Received as an extra in a trade. This was a rare treat for a big pumpkin lover. This has a super dark pour, very stout like. Thin brownish head that quickly disappears. Aroma is packed full of pumpkin, nutmeg, vanilla and spice. Flavor is almost chocolate like with a sweet vanilla bitter finish. I cant believe that I’ve never heard of this beer before. It has to be one of the better "pumpkin" beers I’ve ever had.

onceblind (10700) - Denver, Colorado, USA - NOV 13, 2012
Black with a small thin head that doesn’t last long, or leave any lace. Amazing aroma of pumpkin pie and pecan pie mixed together in a bowl. Great flavor as well with smokey chocolate, pecan, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, and nutmeg. Super delightful.

Texasbrew76 (14) - Alabama, USA - NOV 23, 2012
Excellent seasonal beer. This is, by far, my favorite pumpkin beer, I just wish it were easier to get. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Cloaker (1) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAY 1, 2014 does not count
First off, I am not a pro. I will speak to my senses and memories and feelings. My first review, gimme a present.

WHIFFLES: Remember when you would walk out of High School on a October day and you’re all like “THIS WEATHER IS KICKASS & IMMA GET TO WEAR A MASK & EAT LOTSA SUGAR EVEN THOUGH I’M OLDER BUT I DON’T GIVE A DAMN” for the weekend? Yeah, it’s kinda like that but with the anticipation of “but wait… there’s more!” beyond. This smells like the lingering backyard kiss from a not-blood related hottie cousin who just ate a cinnamon cream leftover thingy that you passed on at the Thanksgiving table when you two were out back past the barn where no one could see. Not that I have ever done that or anything.

LOOKSY: This babe is deep and dark and has an inviting dirty secret or two when you look at her in a Delirium Tremens snifter. The legs on the glass tease me like a 1981 Bond movie poster. There’s less head here than in a Vatican women’s bathroom. There’s an alluring color mixed up in there that I want to make up a word for, which I don’t have, so for now I will call it—Auburown.

TASTEY TASTE: In 15 seconds me oral cavity is getting’ THIS IS HALLOWEENTHIS IS HALLOWEEN PUMPKINS SCREAM IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT. Ichabod Crane was a wus. I am Jack’s incessant need for continuous imbibement. I bought a case of this from HEB shortly after drinking this, nearly thwarted by the manager. I told him I would fight him for it, he relented.

MOUFFEEL: Peely. Like I shoved my face inside a freshly carved Jack O’ Lantern with a mouthful of organic marshmellows. Willfully. It’s as if a pimp designed the décor of the insides of my mouth. Velvet, ya’ll.

TRUTH: Linus Van Pelt wasn’t screwing around when he told Charles Brown about the greatness of this smacky good squash. This isn’t some cheerleader with orange pom poms jumping up and down trying to tell you Pumpkin flavored brew can be good. This is an orange pot-bellied lifecoach, telling you you damn well better come straight and clean or don’t get on his field. The Saint of Arnolds got it done.

crajun (1268) - , Texas, USA - NOV 28, 2015
UPDATED: NOV 20, 2016 11/2016 rerate. Bomber shared with nephew. upped rating from 4.1. Neither of us got the pumpkin but maybe that is where the sweetness comes from; despite that this is a top ten beer for me - an incredible sweet stout. FINALLY got to taste this long time want. on draft. was colder than the suggested 50 degrees; that combined with crappy senses and a head cold means I got no aroma (in a bar also) which sux. In taste I honestly didn’t get pumpkin or spice - beer was probably too cold, but the base of this beer is a great stout - chocolate malts are the backbone; sweetness from the pumpkin works nicely; nice heavy palate with light carbonation and hops; will hunt down again