overall
RATINGS: 227   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
A true bohemian-style pilsner. Crisp and refreshing, this beer is perfect for a hot summer day. Saint Arnold Summer Pils has a delicate, sweet malt taste complemented by an abundant hop aroma and flavor. This beer is brewed with fine German malt, and a copious quantity of "noble" hops imported from the Czech Republic. Saint Arnold Summer Pils is best consumed at 36° Fahrenheit

Odeed (1803) - Bakersfield, California, USA - JUL 23, 2006
looks like i found another way to use the awsome brews my s.s. sent me.im making my "tri-tip chilli" and i calls for "half a bottle of cheap beer".i decided to rate the rest.was it yellow?yes.was it fizzy?yes.did it smell and taste like corn?yes.was it better than your average macro?well, a little.

footbalm (1219) - Western Minneapolis Suburbs, Minnesota, USA - JUL 19, 2006
From Walt. Light golden brew with a layer of fine bubbles on top. A very refreshing brew. These lighter ABV brews are becoming my summer fav. Great brew after a hot summer run. Mildly hoppy but more bready yeast.

ilikestuff (224) - Irving, Texas, USA - JUL 16, 2006
Very flavorful brew, but not really a flavor that I prefer. A fruity sweet beer that wuold be more suited to people transitioning from coors to good beers.

zathrus13 (1776) - Mount Laurel, New Jersey, USA - JUL 12, 2006
Pours yellow, with a white head. Aromas are hops and fruit. Flavors are hops and grain. Like others have said, it’s a little too sweet. Thanks to my secret santa for this one.

ruggedman (647) - Portland, Maine, USA - JUN 18, 2006
Another brew I brought back from Texas, and I got to enjoy it on a nice 90 degree day back here in Maine. Poured a golden amber with a fizzy white head. Aromas and flavors were both mostly that dreadful pils sweetness. It’s not a style I really seak out. I must say that the label is cool though. It was also quite refreshing.

MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - JUN 13, 2006
12 oz bottle: poured yellow with a small white head. Hop aroma with light fruitiness. Flavor is quite nice and refreshing. Light hops and apple notes. Sweet. Maybe too sweet. I like a little more crispiness in my pilseners but I could drink this again.

stison42 (318) - Blacksburg, Virginia, USA - JUN 2, 2006
UPDATED: JAN 22, 2007 Golden Yellow. A smooth hoppy beer, that really does work well in summers. Tried at the Harp in Houston.

dyetube (1378) - Hurst, Texas, USA - MAY 31, 2006
This beer pours a golden yellow with a medium white head. It has a lemony zesty smell (kinda skunky I guess). Very interesting flavor indeed! Not sure how much I like it though... Difenatley a pilsner flavor but a little zing on the end! Not that great of a beer...

MesandSim (7117) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAY 1, 2006
a sim rate: (on tap at Flying Saucer in Houston, TX) Nice flavour. Almost fruity - malty. Smells a bit like sweaty fingers. Slightly soapy flavour. Nice sweet aftertaste.

AndrewM (126) - Waco (Buckle of the Bible Belt), Texas, USA - APR 7, 2006
Not bad for a blandly flavored pils. A bit of a sweet finish, light aroma, light flavor. This is a lawnmower or "pass to your BMC buddies" beer. Pretty light, drinkable, but nothing exceptional.