overall
RATINGS: 224   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
A true bohemian-style pilsner. Crisp and refreshing, this beer is perfect for a hot summer day. Saint Arnold Summer Pils has a delicate, sweet malt taste complemented by an abundant hop aroma and flavor. This beer is brewed with fine German malt, and a copious quantity of "noble" hops imported from the Czech Republic. Saint Arnold Summer Pils is best consumed at 36° Fahrenheit

MrRomero (1976) - Nolanville, USA - JUN 13, 2006
12 oz bottle: poured yellow with a small white head. Hop aroma with light fruitiness. Flavor is quite nice and refreshing. Light hops and apple notes. Sweet. Maybe too sweet. I like a little more crispiness in my pilseners but I could drink this again.

nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 24, 2002
Very decent pilsener, could hit the spot if you just got done swimming or somethign like that. Drink cold.

carboloader (674) - Houston, Texas, USA - APR 11, 2004
Pours clear yellow with medium sized white head, diminishes quickly. Highly carbonated. Aroma is pretty typical pilsener variety with more floral citrus tones. Flavor is sweeter than expected, which is the only thing that makes it seem different from large-scale brewery pilseners. Decent, but nothing to brag about. Cool label -- Now I know where those wild tie-dyed Team Saint Arnold cycling jerseys originated.

Lumpy (1802) - Carrollton, Texas, USA - MAY 16, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 13, 2006 Bottle. This is an American Wheat, not a pilsner. Ok, now that I have that off of my chest...Straw pour with minimal head. Look sexactly like a Budweiser. Good wheaty/yeasty/doughy flavor with a clean dry finish. Not bad. I could drink this in mass quantity if I had to.
Earlier Rating: 9/9/2004 Total Score: 2.6
Bottle.

heemer77 (5360) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - JUN 9, 2005
Recieved in a trade with Kevin. Slightly hazy gold body with a large white head. The aroma is raw carrots and celery. There is also a little bit of black pepper. The taste is bread with cooked carrots and some cooked celery. This also a has a tangy finish of apple core.

Murphy (1759) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - FEB 15, 2006
Pours foggy yellow with tons of carbonation and no head. Aroma is lime, sugar, grassy hops. Taste is very light slight floral bitterness. Somewhat dry. Finish is clean but lacking in distinctive flavor.

dyetube (1378) - Hurst, Texas, USA - MAY 31, 2006
This beer pours a golden yellow with a medium white head. It has a lemony zesty smell (kinda skunky I guess). Very interesting flavor indeed! Not sure how much I like it though... Difenatley a pilsner flavor but a little zing on the end! Not that great of a beer...

ruggedman (647) - Portland, Maine, USA - JUN 18, 2006
Another brew I brought back from Texas, and I got to enjoy it on a nice 90 degree day back here in Maine. Poured a golden amber with a fizzy white head. Aromas and flavors were both mostly that dreadful pils sweetness. It’s not a style I really seak out. I must say that the label is cool though. It was also quite refreshing.

ilikestuff (224) - Irving, Texas, USA - JUL 16, 2006
Very flavorful brew, but not really a flavor that I prefer. A fruity sweet beer that wuold be more suited to people transitioning from coors to good beers.

footbalm (1219) - Western Minneapolis Suburbs, Minnesota, USA - JUL 19, 2006
From Walt. Light golden brew with a layer of fine bubbles on top. A very refreshing brew. These lighter ABV brews are becoming my summer fav. Great brew after a hot summer run. Mildly hoppy but more bready yeast.