overall
RATINGS: 228   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 22   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
Bold, smoky character with a smooth malty finish.

The first thing one notices about a Samuel Adams® Bonfire Rauchbier is the deep smoky flavor which is balanced by a blend of malts that provide hints of caramel & toffee sweetness.

Beerdedone (3408) - Croydon, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 9, 2012
Bottle. Pours medium amber with a small off-white head. Aroma was smoky & earthy with notes of caramel. Flavor was slightly sweet with caramel, smoke, earth and had a hint of toffee.

thirdeye11 (6160) - Dallas, Texas, USA - AUG 30, 2012
(12oz bottle) clear medium amber, ring and sparse white bubbles. Nose of campfire, yams, caramel, cinnamon. Taste of sweet potato, smoke, caramel, spices. Nice beer in the smoke category.

Aniela (4216) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - AUG 21, 2012
Stockholm Beer & Whisky Festival 2011. Clear amber beer with a minimal head. Malty, smokey, woody aroma with some caramell notes. Simliar flavour.

matalec1984 (115) - Massachusetts, USA - AUG 20, 2012
Pours a soft orange with a thick tan head. Very nice aroma strong smoked notes, biscuit malts and residual sweetness. Flavor is a little lacking for me. Personally I like a LOT of smoke in my rauch’s and the flavor doesn’t match the aroma in my opinion. That being said it is still a flavorful light bodied beer that is perfect for a night around the campfire. Over the years I am finding less Sam adam’s beer that I enjoy but this is one that I still appreciate.

bconch (425) - - JUL 31, 2012
Taken from old notes. Smokey, malty nose. Taste is the same. Thin mouthfeel with a smokey finish.

BeckaBenge (2) - Ohio, USA - JUL 9, 2012 does not count
Great fall tailgating beer. Loved the smokey/woodsey scent and taste. it would be nice to purchase a six of that instead of 3 in a sampler

mbgrayson (778) - Anaconda, Montana, USA - MAY 22, 2012
Pours an opaque orange, with light tan head. Aroma of malt. Taste of smoke and malt. Fairly complex, drinkable, and smooth. Thumbs up.

BillWyce (1092) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 19, 2012
From notes: Poured clear amber with a small, white head. Aroma was smoky with mild earthy undertones. Medium-bodied with a moderately long finish. Flavor of wood smoke with a mild malt sweetness beneath. The smoke was notably milder than the German offerings (Aecht Schlenkerla), but that allowed more of the malt to show through. Didn’t like it as much as the more traditional versions of the style, but still a good showing and a decent intro for those who may not be familliar with the style.

beerfest5 (1207) - Cloneen, IRELAND - MAY 7, 2012
A style that I am still trying to wrap my head around after trying a few traditional bamburg offerings. Had this one with some smoked sausages for authenticity and they went together like peanut butter and grape jelly. I found this to be a little easier on the palate than the other rauchbiers I’ve had.

iabeerguy (392) - Iowa, USA - APR 11, 2012
A style I’m trying to familiarize myself with and really can’t drink a whole bottle quite yet. I do enjoy the first half and then after that it is too overwhelming for me. Dark orange almost brown pour, nice head. Aroma of smoke is dominant. Flavor is smokey with a bit of sweetness to round it out.