overall
RATINGS: 4197   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

whiterabbit81 (244) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JUL 5, 2005
I respect this beer for its significance to the American Micro-brew movement. It’s always a quality stand-by beer at the bars. Pours a deep golden color with a creamy, bubbly head. Smells sweet and creamy. Tastes strongly of roasted barley and caramel, with a dose of hoppy bitterness. A very solid beer that’s quite good for the style.

Magjayran (1378) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - JUL 5, 2005
Clear amber color. Medium sized white head. Slightly floral aroma. Hops are present in the flavor and a tad bit of malty sweetness compliments this beer. Finish is a little watery. It’s a decent beer.

mustangjoe (183) - redondo beach, California, USA - JUL 5, 2005
Just as many others have said, this is the beer that first took me away from pale lagers. Now that I have tried different styles of beer, this one is still a beer that I could have with no regrets.

fluids (364) - Massachusetts, USA - JUL 4, 2005
Reddish color with lasting head. It’s a nice hoppy lager. This is the beer I would choose over Bud and Miller if there was nothing else at the bar I was at or if I am at a party and they have only those choices.

dm9831 (1512) - Monee, Illinois, USA - JUL 4, 2005
mild grainy aroma. nice orangy-amber color with a nice white head. more bitter than you might expect, with a nice hoppy taste. a session beer.

BlueDevil0206 (122) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - JUL 4, 2005
Bottled from sampler 12 pack. Pours a clear reddish amber. Little head and no lacing. Aroma is sweet and estery (not good sign in a lager) with some caramel and butterscotch. Flavor is of grainy malts and sweet caramel with some diacetyl in the finish. Hops are almost not present except in the ever so slightly bitter finish. Body is exceptionally full for a lager....the only good thing this beer has going for it. Yes I’ll have a water Mrs. waitress if Boston Lager is the ’best’ beer you have on tap.

HenrikSoegaard (14291) - Randers, DENMARK - JUL 4, 2005
Nice haed mostly lasting, heavy bitter flavour, a bit to salty for my taste, Not a fantastic palate.

jhliesen (833) - West Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUL 3, 2005
Bottle--What else could I add to the comments? This was the beer that taught me that beer could taste better than Bud/Miller, etc. A good beer for picnics with those that only drink Bud. Perfect for the 4th of July.

darkcarrington (31) - USA - JUL 3, 2005
Among the most readily available American beers this has to be one of the best. Not actually too bad in its own right for that matter. Sure as hell better than Miller and the other mega breweries

sethbc (14) - USA - JUL 3, 2005
I could /EASILY/ live without Sam Adams. I’m just not a fan of their beers. Say what you will, I’m not a fan of bitter beer.