overall
RATINGS: 4205   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

hughie (3996) - Bedford, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - APR 23, 2005
On my last visit to the United States, in 1996, I was served a substance called Bud Ice in a plastic cup, which tasted of very cold water. Trying to broaden my beer horizons beyond the British Isles, I saw this in my local supermarket, expecting something equally pale, bland, and charmless. From my first sight of this delightful amber drop I knew I was entering an altogether different beer dimension. A great taste followed by a wonderfully satisfying dryness, intriguingly different from the bitterness in English and Scottish beers.

Juelze (1146) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - APR 20, 2005
Tap. Nice head. Abundant lacing. Amber color. Sweet caramel malt flavor in the intial taste followed by a hop flavor.. Finishes a bit bitter and dry. Not bad.

Sirjohn03 (39) - New Jersey, USA - APR 17, 2005
amber color with a white head. flavor is simple and light, easy to drink. slightly hoppy and malty, finishes smooth, not a bad lager

NVBeer232 (467) - Reno, Nevada, USA - APR 17, 2005
Amber pour with decent head retention. Aromas of flowery hops and some oddball crystal malt thing. I admit, I really used to hate the way this stuff smelled! Fast forward a few years to present day, and I still can’t shake my dislike of the nose on this beer. I understand it better, but it still just rubs me the wrong way. Crystal malt flavors with a touch of earthy flavored maltiness. Moderately hopped for a lager.

fuyajo (229) - Portland, Oregon, USA - APR 10, 2005
A good overall beer. I’ll order this over any Miller, Budweiser, or similar. Hoppy, but not too hoppy, nice finish - a good overall beer.

Fiend (104) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - APR 7, 2005
This lager had a crisp hoppy aroma that was a great prelude to the rich flavor of hopps and malts that fill your mouth with the first sip. A somewhat cloudy appearance with thin head, this beer left an slightly dry finish...just enough to coax you into having that next sip a little sooner than you normally would...

Beerguys (50) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - APR 7, 2005
Poured cloudy gold/amber in color. light sweet smell. Straight forward malty taste with a hoppy finish. Very smooth tasting.

szkot (100) - Minnesota, USA - APR 5, 2005
Pours golden yellow with a decent white head. Aroma is of grassy hops. Very easy to drink lager. A beer that is consistent.

barleyPops (1142) - Quad-Cities, Illinois, USA - APR 5, 2005
bottle. poured an orangey-gold with a decent head. mild easy to drink flavor with a slight hop taste and a hint of a bitter finish. nice session beer.

JayBaxter (407) - Greater Manchester, Greater Manchester, ENGLAND - APR 5, 2005
Nice hoppy aroma and taste,good bronzed coloured brew with a thin,but lasting head.Great beer that I could happily drink a;; night.