overall
RATINGS: 4204   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

dbutler4699 (13) - Elyria, Ohio, USA - DEC 3, 2000
One of my three favorite beers. It looks wonderful as tastes almost as good as it looks (I admit to favoring slightly bitter beers). Not quite the equal of my all-time favorite, Leinenkugel's Northwoods Lager, but it's right up there with Crooked River's ESB.

Oakes (18472) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 2, 2000
UPDATED: MAY 10, 2009 This product is a mere shadow of its former self. A sample today showed no hop aroma - a sharp contrast to what it used to be. Whereas yesterday’s Sam Adams was near pilsner-like, today’s Boston Lager is little more than a crisp macrobrew. It got nasty as it warmed - diacetyl or maybe just too much caramel came through, ruining the finish badly.

blatz (138) - Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Florida, USA - NOV 16, 2000
The standard - this was my first love and continues to be the standby for me. Rich amber color, perfect head and perfectly balanced, crisp taste - an enjoyment on every occasion. I usually enjoy this on tap when I am out as most bars here in Florida have little else of interest - thus the standby calling - however this brew should not be taken for granted - its truly the greatest lager I have had and should stand alone in its own right - Cheers!

Saad (104) - Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA - NOV 14, 2000
A good beer, but no rival of the truly great beers. Does kick Bud and Miller's ass though.

mike mcneil (660) - St Augustine, Florida, USA - NOV 3, 2000
UPDATED: MAY 28, 2004 I typically enjoy ales much more so than lagers, but this is probably one of the best lagers you could hope to find. Luscious floral/herbal hop aroma eminates on first sip followed by a snappy, crisp malt/hops flavor. Beautiful light amber color with a thick white head. Moderate body but very refreshing and clean. If there's a better lager out there, I haven't found it yet.

bigred7 (44) - Sarcoxie, Missouri, USA - SEP 25, 2000
A little darker than other lagers I've tried. Better than Bud, Coors, or Miiler, and only slightly more expensive.

shorlin (721) - St. John’s, Newfoundland, CANADA - SEP 22, 2000
..................................................

beergirl99 (101) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - SEP 5, 2000
I do not generally like lagers. This one is definitely an exception, a little heavy, but oh so tasty. I love this stuff. Easy to get anywhere.. Easy to drink. Full of flavor. Nice full appearance.

0.6
SouthernPride99 (6) - West Point, Mississippi, USA - AUG 10, 2000 does not count
I hated this stuff.............................................

karl (158) - Glendale, New York, USA - AUG 7, 2000