overall
RATINGS: 4237   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

beergirl99 (101) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - SEP 5, 2000
I do not generally like lagers. This one is definitely an exception, a little heavy, but oh so tasty. I love this stuff. Easy to get anywhere.. Easy to drink. Full of flavor. Nice full appearance.

loucynt (101) - USA - MAY 16, 2001
..................................................

bhenry76 (101) - Landenberg, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 15, 2001
Always dependable. I gotta agree with zool...It's always the beer I order when I haven't though about it.

aledrinkerLS (101) - New Brunswick, USA - DEC 4, 2001
Decent solid beer. Sometimes(depending on freshness) you can get a nice whiff of the hallertau.

uglybastard (101) - Riverside, California, USA - JUL 13, 2002
Amber in color, nice, big head. Has a hoppy, carmel smell too it. Lots of hop bite in the taste with hints of malty sweetness. I know most folk like this beer, and I think it is pretty damn good, too. But I'm not a huge fan of it.

winterlager (101) - Orchard Park, New York, USA - JUL 27, 2003
Not a bad beer, nice color, decent aroma. This is what you pick when you are at a place that doesn't have a quality beer selection. Draft or bottle it is truly a stable choice.

michaeltrego (101) - Amherst, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 28, 2003
Is it me, or does the consistency vary greatly? I once had a fresh draft in Boston that was so wonderful in hop aroma and flavor. Yet the bottle version seems to age rapidly. Regardless, this is my house beer and always will be.

Hmright (101) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - SEP 11, 2004
Tap, bottle, whatever....Great beer, good in the clutch when all they got is bud and miller. oak/peppery finish. Lives up to its rep.

Megan (101) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - DEC 1, 2004
Good lager. Solid. Good appearance, kind of bitter. Good body, nice and easy to drink.

hammerbeck (101) - Kentucky, USA - DEC 22, 2006
This is the beer I drink when there isn’t anything more interesting on tap. You cannot go wrong with a Sammy. A full flavored lager, it’s got a hint of the hoppy bitterness of an APA but without bludgeoning you with it. Great with dinner or just knocking them back. Great beer.