overall
RATINGS: 4237   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

uglybastard (101) - Riverside, California, USA - JUL 13, 2002
Amber in color, nice, big head. Has a hoppy, carmel smell too it. Lots of hop bite in the taste with hints of malty sweetness. I know most folk like this beer, and I think it is pretty damn good, too. But I'm not a huge fan of it.

borgination (101) - Lee, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 27, 2008
Pours a nice gold color with a nice head. Has a great balance of smoothness and taste.

djredpop (101) - Downriver, Michigan, USA - JAN 28, 2010
Nice hoppy aroma, stronger than other lagers, but balanced nearly perfectly w/ light- to medium-bodied malty smoothness. Clean, soft mouthfeel. Finishes cleanly but lingers just the right amount. This was my introduction to "craft" beers, about 15yrs ago and I’ve never looked back. Loved it immediately, still a great "standby" when selection is limited. Nearly wiped "Budweiser" from my vocabulary.

JohnBruns (101) - Cissna Park, Illinois, USA - JUL 21, 2011
12oz bottle; pours an orange amber ;1 finger head with good lacing and plenty of carbonation; slight metalic background and slight bitter finish.

JoeKnox (100) - Georgia, USA - MAY 2, 2001
A fair lager with a rather unpleasant aftertaste............................

szkot (100) - Minnesota, USA - APR 5, 2005
Pours golden yellow with a decent white head. Aroma is of grassy hops. Very easy to drink lager. A beer that is consistent.

Doctormirk (100) - USA - MAR 10, 2007
Nice pour. Mild aroma of hops. Tastes lightly of hops and malts. Thin. Not too exciting, good lager.

TheCEO (100) - USA - MAY 3, 2007
As good as an average Beer can be...better on tap. I have to bite my tongue when I’m talking Beer with someone I don’t know, and they ask me if I’ve tried this...lol

T3llLAllDE (100) - USA - JUL 12, 2007
on tap in a nice frosty glass this was a pretty nice lager beer. all around with a nice grain taste. out of the bottle it wasnt that good. not the best lager in the world but at a bar its not bad.

TheBeerMaster (100) - Little Falls, New Jersey, USA - DEC 11, 2007
Great head (I know, I know, that’s what she said) with this one, which lasts surprisingly long and even shoots out of the bottle a little. Sweetness to the taste that’s inviting, great when it’s ice cold. Overall, a great Sam Adams.