overall
RATINGS: 4438   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

CBCPaleAle (73) - Ohio, USA - OCT 27, 2004
This beer just never ’did it’ for me. Maybe because I’m not a big lager fan. Too bad their ale didn’t get the sales push that this did.

DaveB (73) - Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 26, 2006
Tried in on tap a few days ago. I had not had a Sam Adams on tap in a long time. Nice color not too heavy. Served in an ice cold 24 ounce mug. I liked it much better than the 1st time.

benclarkiii (73) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - APR 15, 2007
Overall a good beer. I especially like that his is often a choice in airports and such along side many other inferior beers. Although no complexity, it does offer a nice flavor with a decent maltiness.

JohnCoyne (73) - Alabama, USA - JAN 30, 2008
Pours a brown amber color with a white medium head that lasted a short amount of time. Smells of roasted malt. A slight alcohol taste is also present with an odd bitterness under the tongue. A bitter finish with a slight chemical aftertaste. A creamy mouthfeel. Not an unpleasant beer but the finish leaves me wanting to rinse my mouth out.

MishkinBeer (73) - , New York, USA - DEC 30, 2008
The lager is clear with a light amber color. The aroma of hops is very slight. There is taste of grains and a good balance between sweet and bitter forces. Minor carbonation that just tickles the tongue. As the beer is swallowed, I found the texture to be somewhat watery. The aftertaste consists primarily of hops with a touch of orange peel. A solid lager, but nothing to write home about.

BLAP (73) - Quebec, CANADA - OCT 16, 2011
Clear copper color. Light hoppy aroma with medium bitterness and sweetness taste.

knewell (73) - Alabama, USA - OCT 23, 2012
Pours an amber color and has an aroma of of malts with some hops. The tast is alright, but nothing special. I found it to be kinda bitter. Overall, not a bad beer

Cluniac (73) - - DEC 26, 2014
One if my favorite standard lager readily available in the us. Surely no where near the class of stronger belgian style ales which are my favorites. However far better than cheap american beers

ericmoss3799 (73) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 17, 2001
I am an Ale drinker, but this is one of the few lagers that I like.

jjw2000 (72) - USA - MAR 28, 2003
UPDATED: APR 22, 2003 Smooth with a medium body and great flavor. My standby in pubs, although I have noticed a substantial difference in quality in different establishments.