overall
RATINGS: 4189   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

1.1
Einned99 (61) - Rozenburg, NETHERLANDS - AUG 12, 2001
Hmm, this one really sucks.............................................

popilius (61) - Chicagoland, Illinois, USA - MAY 4, 2002
A solid year-round, noble beer. The taste may get a bit overdone after awhile, so you cant have too much at once. One of the strongest popular lagers.

WVBrU (61) - - SEP 8, 2012
Copper color, decent head that settles into nice layer of foam. Great lacing. Smells malty, spicy, and hoppy. Maybe toasty and a hint of grass/hay. Tastes sweet/malty and bitter. Finishes sweetish. Good all around beer.

slatermcs (61) - - FEB 26, 2013
Draft. Minimal aroma, nice white head. Light body. Good example of a real American lager. No aftertaste, wish it had more overall flavor

tschof (61) - - JUN 29, 2013
On days when I’m not a beer snob I enjoy Sam! Tasty beer in any season that can be an old stand by and is reasonably priced.

Ludwig (60) - USA - APR 8, 2003
This happens to be Mrs. Ludwig's favorite brew, so I have to be careful. For a so called craft beer I guess it is not bad.

Bassy15 (60) - Cullowhee, North Carolina, USA - APR 21, 2004
lets start off with color, it is a golden copper, and the head is a creamy off white. The flavor is nutty, a little almond and peanut and sweet. it has a bit of a sweet and biter aftertaste (odd). Smooth palate, head holds great. A great lager, like whoa.

Goodfella (60) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUN 8, 2004
I just started drinking this stuff and it left me with a bad after taste. Overall I was not impressed by this beer. A bad bitter tasting lager, Crap!!

LennyH (60) - Delaware, USA - DEC 16, 2006
Nothing special compared to other stuff that’s readily available today, but I’m forever grateful to this beer for setting me on the path to craft brews. It’s a decent and solid brew and I’m glad that it’s available almost everywhere. Based on the selection at some bars, I feel luck to get this!

xShanex (60) - Wyalusing, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 30, 2008
Good old Sam Adams never lets me down. Pours a rich amber color while delivering a complex yet balanced taste that leaves you refreshed. Its hard to pinpoint an exact aroma because of the complex flavors, but the citrus stands out due to the quality of hops. Have another? Indeed my friend!