overall
RATINGS: 4384   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

bburychka (55) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 11, 2009
Very good lager. I would say that it’s slightly better than Yuengling Lager. Full flavor without much of a bitter aftertaste.

MexiFinn (54) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 28, 2010
Straight out of the bottle... wouldn’t of known this is a lager at all, unless the label... semi-sweet and malty. This is pretty good... first tried it playing nickels, asked the cocktail waitress at a local casino what imports they had and she mentioned Sam Adams... wasn’t aware Massachusetts had seceded... anyway, this is very tasty beer... a very, very good macro... Viva Boston!

matku (54) - NORWAY - DEC 7, 2013
Lys brun litt uklar lavt hvitt skum, en liten taste av karamell og humle .medium søt og lite ettersmak.

psark (54) - Binghamton, New York, USA - OCT 5, 2001
UPDATED: FEB 16, 2007 A very good lager. On draft, the hop aroma/flavor is great, but not always consistent. One of the best mass-market lagers.

maxwellplum (54) - USA - AUG 17, 2003
I'm not a lager fan, they serve to quench my thirst only. But this is a lager I would request, it's nicely hopped, more than I expected from a lager, and the nutty flavor is also a pleasant surprise for me. It's a good brew.

dropkickm79 (53) - Oklahoma, USA - MAY 11, 2004
this stuff is pretty overrated. i only had it once and never tried it again

piwodevo (53) - chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 10, 2004
when did they change this recipe? it used to be the strongest beer in the SA lineup at 6.5% now its at 4.5%??? what strikes me is the flavors they eek out of the hops in this lager...citrus, noble spiciness, very nice. the body lacks, but for a "common" beer that you can find anywhere, this lager excels. much better than average.

pik5el (53) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - AUG 29, 2008
Not my first time tasting, but I might as well go ahead and rate it. This is my standby beer that I know I will be able to find anywhere. Really good lager, and most people are willing to drink it. Great for parties, etc. Pour is a nice amber, with a nice mild hoppiness in the nose. Good head on this beer. Taste is crisp. Slightly hoppy and well balanced with the malt. Very satisfying.

andreic (53) - IRELAND - JUN 5, 2009
Bottle. Golden, clear, slightly off-white head. Nice lacing down the glass. Very strong hoppy aroma - floral, piney, with some malt. Tastes rich caramel malty up front with a strong hoppy bitter drying finish. I really like ths beer... very tasty.

orangelazarus (53) - USA - JAN 11, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 16, 2003 Decent from the tap. Had an aftertaste like strawberries.