overall
RATINGS: 4438   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

softale (188) - Michigan, USA - AUG 13, 2002
Nice amber color certainly looks good. But looks can be deceiving. This is a pretty average tasting beer with a little more roasted malt flavor than a macro-lager IMO. But it is widely available and sometimes the best choice where there is limited availability of better beers.

TheBelgian (24) - USA - JAN 11, 2003
Not bad. Light taste with little finish, no aftertaste. Walnut and grain flavors.

WISEGUY572 (1377) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 11, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 28, 2003 As a pseudo-craft beer originally produced for Sam Adams under license by Pittsburgh Brewing, the brewers of Iron City and Old Frothing Slosh, this beer might be considered suspect. Lots of hype in promotion. however, I liked it more than I wanted to. After having another in February I think it is still easy drinking, but even less charming than I first thought. A little too sweet, a little too floral, not enough malt.

Verne (263) - Enumclaw, Washington, USA - JAN 17, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 18, 2003 A good beer of its type. The beer snob in me makes me want to pick on it but really its fine stuff not everyone needs an IPA or Imperial stout. Medium light body, mild malt flavor with a equally mild hop profile it’s a well made beer. Maybe a little bland for most of us beer geeks but to the average man it’s a great introduction to good beer

KingPinHead (390) - Des Moines, Washington, USA - JAN 25, 2003
Aroma light and hoppy, but malt detected as well. Color a rich gold with a nice canyoned head---very attractive...Hops dominate the flavor profile, quite sharp and almost strident, while malt is barely discernible; the finish is hoppy-dry and slightly spicy. Body is sort of watery, and the balance is definitely hop-heavy. Overall, the strong hop profile makes it preferable to most macro-brews, but is still wanting in terms of balance and roundness of flavors.

awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 25, 2003
(Tap) I taste grapefruit when I taste this one. Enjoyable and easily drunk from the tap.

OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - FEB 7, 2003
I didn't get the sweetness that the description talks about. I taste hops with a slight bitter finish. Not bad but not my favourite.

celogan (204) - Oroville, California, USA - MAR 4, 2003
Not bad at all, though it did have a little "diffrent" aftertaste, almost mediciny, but tolerable. The beer seems over-rated, but I would drink it again.

VAYankee (353) - Virginia, USA - MAR 7, 2003
This lager comes up just a little short all the way around. It is good but not great in all catergories. I prefer the Boston Ale.

ravidesai (978) - Bombay, INDIA - MAR 26, 2003
a nice hoppy lager, very much in the european pilsner tradition. very easy to find for a "drinkable beer" good distribution earns them extra points