overall
RATINGS: 4438   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.22/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%

keoki182 (305) - West Bend, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 14, 2006
As more of an ale fan, I didn’t find a whole lot to be excited about in this lager. Thin, watery, bland. For what it’s worth, I’ll admit that Sam Adams Boston Lager is probably the best of the beers that you’ll find in any gas station. Highly drinkable if you don’t like beer.

mp8719 (21) - USA - JUL 31, 2006
Solid brew. It’s a darker lager with some bite. Distinctive flavor for a macro. Leaves you with some bad after-taste though sometimes, and is a bit over-priced (like all of the Sams).

Jukkabro (3484) - Tampere, FINLAND - AUG 14, 2006
Light coppery colored, little wihte head. Fruity aroma with mild hops, some dry tones also. Flavor is somehow "aleish": flowers, hops and fruits, aftertaste dries like in bitters. Thin to medium bodied, mild carbonation. Crispy brew.

wunderbier (1434) - Tampere, FINLAND - SEP 1, 2006
An admirably-sized, frothy white head diminishes slowly over a rich copper body with orange highlights, shaming most entries in the Premium Lager category. Crisp and zesty hops are immediately apparent in the aroma, taking the form of bright herbs (cilantro), lime zest and a hint of white pepper. Sweet bready malts underscore the hops with traces of toast, nuts and caramel. A slight mineral edge shines through. The minerals have a bit more pungency in the flavor, yielding a soft, salty tenor to the affair. Malts recede somewhat as compared to the aroma providing only a soft element of bread and nuts. Stiff, sharp hops at the finish are certainly bright, but there’s an additional orange-like acidity that makes it a bit overkill for everything else going on. Medium-bodied with a slick texture and fizzy carbonation is nothing special. Malts weren’t as punchy as I had hoped for, the hop profile a bit sharp and the mineral aspect made the whole thing border on being unclean feeling for such a light lager, but it’s pretty much my newfound baseline for ’average’ beer.

TheBadge (11) - Corona, California, USA - SEP 8, 2006
A fair beer on tap amlt bitter hops fair balance. A little light in taste for the darker color but it is a lager so OK. Not one of my best due to fact I have had so many micros. Good in a pinch

shendrix (478) - Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 4, 2006
Not bad, just not great. One of the better macrobrews by far, but that’s not saying much now is it kiddies? Nothing really in the nose other than a slight bit of fresh bread, tastes of mild wheat with vanilla notes and a bit of a floral undertaste. Watery finish.

toncatcher (228) - Santee - SAN DIEGO, California, USA - JUL 10, 2007
12 oz. bottle. I suppose for a beer you can get at costco it’s not bad. An to think this is a craft beer to some. Flavors of hops, malt, and dough.

Rcr84 (33) - CANADA - JUL 11, 2007
Had on tap at the Memphis Airport, always was curious to try this one. Aroma was actually alittle skunky on this one but had a nice golden colour. Wasnt overly impressed but will give it another try.

jaymobrown (1845) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 15, 2007
Hmm... As I stood at the bar pondering another night of boring work at a hick bar far into the suburbs, I scanned the tap lineup for a tolerable beer. The Hamms would have to wait for another night. Ah a Sam Adams Lager. Many a year since I’ve had a Sam Adams Lager. Images of Samuel L Jackson and an annoyingly flippant monotone blond girl surge through my head, or it might have been the Tom Cochrane thumping through the speakers. Delirium. Yes, the Sam Adams Lager please. While I sat watching the locals struggling with the arithmetic to determine the winner in the local baseball game, I admired my newly poured beer. It shone a tarnished copper color with a medium head. Watery syrup I thought to myself as a baseball wearing chap kept yelling "dude." My tongue rolls. "Ah fizzy." Yes, a watery syrupy fizzy beer. Smelled like water left out in a rusted tin pan. While there was some minor bitterness in the beer, the bitterness of listening to a young man say, "That Collective Soul song has the greatest solo ever! He kicks Eric Clapton’s ass!’ was far greater. I sat with my moderately decent but completely unsatisfying beer and pretend to care about useless trivia and a game between two teams I did not know.

Egon (478) - Gothenburg, SWEDEN - SEP 17, 2007
Draught. Light brown with white head. Thin with some hops. Not bad but too thin for me. Maybe if you like lager you would like this beer.