overall

RATINGS: 28   MEAN: 2.78/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%

RSRIZZO (1986) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - SEP 17, 2007
Had this beer on 12/29/1997. It has a golden color with a little bit of a haze to it. The aroma is light and sweet. Carbonation is very high at first but slows down quickly. The taste of this beer is far better than any other light beer I’ve had. It starts off with a crisp body, similar to a good bodied American premium, and goes down refreshingly smooth. The finish is more like a Pale Ale than a Light beer, with the flavor of hops coming though and a mild bitterness on the tale end. This is a great beer and one of the best light beers ever made.

BREWMUSKCLES (2685) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 6, 2007
IT WAS LIGHT AND REFRESHING. TASTED LIKE A LIGHT CARAMEL MALT AND THEN BEER. YEARS AGO IT HAD A BETTER MORE HOP FLAVOR. A BIT RESINY AND PINEY.

JAF737300 (1291) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 27, 2007
Not bad on a summer day. I forgoit I had one of these stored away in the back for the fridge and it really worked out well. Light and crisp!

faroeviking (10911) - FAROE ISLANDS - JAN 1, 2007
Tasty easy to drink beer with low calories. Thin but still some good maltiness.

PhillyBeer2112 (2850) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - FEB 17, 2006
I like how now and again I’ll scour my old notes and find something not entered! First my memories of this: Always was surprised by how good this was, at least, as far as light beers went. It wasn’t something I had regularly but never turned it down. My notes: darkish gold with a honeyed character (both aroma and flavor). Clean, boring. Medium bodied. Just enough hops.

Lizabeth (360) - east falmouth, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 2, 2004
This stuff is no longer available but if memory serves me right it was an amber beer that smelled and tasted very simular to S.A's Boston Lager, but packed less of a punch. It was far better than their current low-cal offering; Sam Adam's Light

mribm (462) - Ocala, Florida, USA - SEP 27, 2003
Really beats any of the macro brew lite beers. While it still didn't have the flavor of the regular Sam Adam's offerings, it was good for a light beer.

Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - NOV 16, 2002
While slightly better than the new SA Light, it was a light beer and thus deserves your scorn. Drink less, but better, as opposed to this. I drank a bit of this in the day and always felt cheated after I did.

TheOrange (479) - Kent, Ohio, USA - SEP 5, 2002
looks like a samuel adams. But the taste is very much diffent. I want to say there is a hint of carmel. Well, this is still not a beer I would take over the original.

Panzuriel (2238) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - AUG 21, 2002
This one is nasty. I think I got the last bottle in Ohio. Then they stopped making this crap. It’s pretty light beer-ish with an attempt to spice things up. REally doesn’t work all that well. Ends up being fizzy, watery and thin. Oh so thin.