overall

RATINGS: 28   MEAN: 2.78/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%

Panzuriel (2333) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - AUG 21, 2002
This one is nasty. I think I got the last bottle in Ohio. Then they stopped making this crap. It's pretty light beer-ish with an attempt to spice things up. REally doesn't work all that well. Ends up being fizzy, watery and thin. Oh so thin.

TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - AUG 1, 2002
What is all this fuss about light beers? Why does a quality brewer like BBC feel they need to offer a light alternative? If you're worried about your girlish figure just drink water!

jayme9874 (756) - Hamburg, New York, USA - JUL 19, 2002
Its Sam Adams with a lighter nose and palate. Pretty tasty, a bit fizzy but as far as light beers go, good stuff.

dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 13, 2002
Other than the bad name, I don't know why BBC gave up on this in favour of the present Light,it's been years since I had this beer,but I recall it being a great escape from 'light' beer without the lack of flavour of a craft brew.

LuckeyHaskins99 (180) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - MAR 26, 2002
A full-bodied light beer. (I know that's not right somehow) Malty, sweetish taste, clear head which quickly dissapates. A favorite in years past for making a different style of Black and Tans with (The Black being Mackeson's)

turtlehead (111) - Nottingham, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 16, 2002
Quite a nice light beer. The bottle label could use some work, but in the glass this beer has a beautiful pale amber color. The head retention was week, only lasting a few minutes. The initial taste is that of most light beers (you know it is a light beer), that is quickly followed by a nutty maltiness. The beer finishes quite dry with a residual bitterness thats lasts for a while. I think most 'light' beer drinkers may find the bitterness a bit much, but hey, thats their problem.

Axle3380 (95) - montvale, New Jersey, USA - DEC 5, 2001
I think it tasted like every other generic light beer. Good, but nothing special.

ericmoss3799 (73) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 11, 2001
Is much better then any Budwiser, but I am disapointed that Boston Beer Company has gone to that level of dull American beers.

Bov (13221) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - SEP 25, 2001
I had this one under the name 'Lightship'. Without doubts my favourite light beer.