overall

RATINGS: 28   MEAN: 2.78/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.8/5   EST. CALORIES: 120   ABV: 4%

Bov (12636) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - SEP 25, 2001
I had this one under the name ’Lightship’. Without doubts my favourite light beer.

faroeviking (10913) - FAROE ISLANDS - JAN 1, 2007
Tasty easy to drink beer with low calories. Thin but still some good maltiness.

PhillyBeer2112 (2850) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - FEB 17, 2006
I like how now and again I’ll scour my old notes and find something not entered! First my memories of this: Always was surprised by how good this was, at least, as far as light beers went. It wasn’t something I had regularly but never turned it down. My notes: darkish gold with a honeyed character (both aroma and flavor). Clean, boring. Medium bodied. Just enough hops.

Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - NOV 16, 2002
While slightly better than the new SA Light, it was a light beer and thus deserves your scorn. Drink less, but better, as opposed to this. I drank a bit of this in the day and always felt cheated after I did.

BREWMUSKCLES (2686) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 6, 2007
IT WAS LIGHT AND REFRESHING. TASTED LIKE A LIGHT CARAMEL MALT AND THEN BEER. YEARS AGO IT HAD A BETTER MORE HOP FLAVOR. A BIT RESINY AND PINEY.

gripweed57 (2460) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - MAY 13, 2017
From old tasting notes. Amber gold color. Nice foamy white head. Subtle floral hop aroma. Tangy malt flavor with light hops. Smooth an balanced. Decent flavor for a light beer.

Panzuriel (2256) - Westerville, Ohio, USA - AUG 21, 2002
This one is nasty. I think I got the last bottle in Ohio. Then they stopped making this crap. It’s pretty light beer-ish with an attempt to spice things up. REally doesn’t work all that well. Ends up being fizzy, watery and thin. Oh so thin.

BroSpud (2188) - , Massachusetts, USA - FEB 13, 2009
I remember having one of these several years back and not liking it. It is good for what it is it’s just that I don’t like what it is. Better than most other light beers yet still tasting of water and lacking flavor.

dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 13, 2002
Other than the bad name, I don’t know why BBC gave up on this in favour of the present Light,it’s been years since I had this beer,but I recall it being a great escape from ’light’ beer without the lack of flavour of a craft brew.