overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1097   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adams® Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

merc7186 (3160) - North Tonawanda, New York, USA - OCT 15, 2013
It has been about 10+ years since Ive had this beer and decided to give it another try (plus my wife wanted to try it) The beer poured decently with a orangish/reddish hue that passes through some light, has a decent off white head and leaves good lacing on the glass. The beer smells decent with a nice blend of sour fruit (cranberry and plum) and belgian sugars. The taste is medicore with a mild cranberry smoothness but not much else with it. The mouthfeel is decent as the beer is well carbonated, light bodied, and leaves you with a weak watery mouth. Overall, its exactly what it is advertised as, a Cranberry Lambic. I am not a fan of people who give it a bad rating because it wasnt an IPA or stout....it is what it says it is.

pras (602) - Maryland, USA - AUG 3, 2013
The only thing true to the beer is that it has a hint of cranberry. It is not a lambic and gives the style a bad name. I tried it skeptically, and was proved that my hunch was right. Boo!

berniecarbo (148) - Holliston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 9, 2013
Got this in a variety box. Aroma was the best part, after that, not so much. Just not a fruit in my beer guy

Imaena (2359) - Maputo, MOZAMBIQUE - JUN 9, 2013
Bottle. This tastes like cranberry handsoap going down. The smell is great. Once i hits the back of your palette its all over.

retinadoc (243) - - MAY 10, 2013
Bottle. Fruity cranberry nose. Average carbonation. Slightly sweet with predominant cranberry flavor, and hint of nutmeg. Unexpected mixture of flavors. The characteristic SA base of toasted hops and caramel are very distant. Not as tasty as the SA Blueberry Hill, which is very tasty and still delivers solid hop and caramel flavors despite the very forward blueberry overtones. Slightly acidic finish.

1.3
BrentInDC (1) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAY 1, 2013 does not count
It smelled pretty good and looked good as well. I swear, this beer had one of the worst aftertastes I've ever had the misfortune of tasting. Gave me goosebumps and not in a good way. I love Boston Lager and most other Sam Adams offerings but this was atrocious. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Stevesie (336) - - JAN 11, 2013
Single bottle. Expected this to be a drain pour, but was pleasantly surprised. Gorgeous appearance and sweet as expected, but less so than other Lambics I’ve had. As expected, the cranberry dominates. The individual parts are better than the whole. Another SA guilty pleasure to go with Cherry Wheat.

Joealpizar (26) - - DEC 31, 2012
Aged. okay for a cherry beer not something id buy again. Bitter or tart from the cranberries of set the sweetness maybe to much. 12/31/12

jcweaver (770) - VA Beach, Virginia, USA - DEC 26, 2012
Bottle. Pours a light amber with a small beige head. Slightly sweet aroma of cranberries and light caramel. Sweet but lightly sour flavor of cranberries and light caramel with a hint of earthy hops. Was much more sour the first time I had it but has seemed to get sweeter each subsequent year. An average and alright beer, but far from a lambic.

0.8
Beerathon (1681) - Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 2, 2012
I don’t believe in drain pours, so I after a few swallows I gave the rest of my pint to a friend. She liked it, I hated it. Too wine like and I hate wine. Yuck!