overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1111   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adams® Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

adam42381 (386) - Fort Myers, Florida, USA - JUL 25, 2010
Appearance: Pours a light brown/orange color with a 1-2 finger white head that dissipates quickly. Minimal lacing. Smell: Very strong wheat smell followed by some fruit. Reminds me of a hefeweizen. Taste: Very hard to describe. It’s kind of all over the place. Definitely fruity but I would never have guessed cranberry. A bit tart but not overwhelmingly. It’s both sweet and tart. Not at all what I expected given the smell. Mouthfeel: Very light mouthfeel. Drinkability: I would say that it is quite low. It’s not a terrible beer but I can’t see me ever wanting another one. Overall: I’m glad I tried it in the Winter Sampler from Sam Adams. It’s not that bad but I doubt I’ll ever try another one. I’ll probably not drink the second one out of the Sampler either.

Mora2000 (6158) - McKinney, Texas, USA - JUL 19, 2010
Thanks to hudsonphotog for sharing this bottle. The beer pours a red-orange-amber color with a white head. The aroma is caramel, maple syrup and cranberries. The flavor is heavy on the cranberries with some vanilla and maple notes. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation. I tried this several years ago and remember hating it. Not sure what is different this time, but I didn’t dislike it - even though I went in expecting to.

iNBe (100) - USA - JUL 7, 2010
The first lambic I ever tried, and it will probably be my last. Way too tart for my taste.

Wiseblood (700) - Clarksville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 4, 2010
Cloudy amber with a tan head. Sweet, wheaty bread aromas. Very sweet/sour malt combinations with almost no hops. Wouldn’t call it a lambic. Sour cran-wheat flavor. A nice tart thirst quencher, but I wouldn’t drink more than one at a time.

Forsberg_dk (258) - DENMARK - JUL 3, 2010
33 cl bottle, pours unclear red, slight fruit aroma, taste is somewhat sweet fruity, but very bland overall, not as bad as I had expected but not gonna bother with this beer again.

Metalchopz (3384) - Cantley, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 15, 2010
Had this one on our trip to Nashville. Left over from a friend’s Christmas season (as it does say best before April). Pours a hazy orange-red colour with a pale pink creamy head and has decent retention and lace. I was quite surprise to smell bananas more than anything else. I guess it is from their wheat (the same used in their Hefeweizen). The cranberries are light in the background. The mouthfeel is quite sweet and semi-syrupy. The taste of the fruit are present, but again, the strong bananas come in to take over, right into the aftertaste. I guess when this beer expires its freshness, the cranberries disappears but the wheat stays strong. Just wondering about the lambic part ??

smooch (238) - Sylvania, Ohio, USA - JUN 11, 2010
A nice cranberry aroma with a reasonable 1-2 finger head that goes away fairly quickly. It looks like a perfect belgian with a tinge of pink to me. Not like a normal lambic really...tastes like a mediocre belgian with some sort of nasty flavor added. Sort of drinkable in a nasty way...doesn’t make you want to drink it because of the quality but because it is sort of easily drinkable although funny aftertaste.

checkmatei1 (765) - Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 2, 2010
Bottle: Poured a red/brown color with a thin head. The aroma was sweet fruit and malts. The flavor was weak and watered down and it is bad they want to label this as a lambic. Not much lambic at all.

xs2500 (187) - Mississippi, USA - MAY 22, 2010
Pours hazy reddish pink with little to no head. Aroma is sweet and fruity with a tint of tart. Flavor is watery, sweet with no real high notes. A pretty weak product from the Sam Adams line up.

dchmela (3064) - Orlando, Florida, USA - MAY 16, 2010
Pours a reddish brown with a thin off white head. Sweet cranberry, spice and yeast. Malty, clove taste with a hint of cranberry taste. Too sweet for me.