overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1111   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adams® Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

ribrewmaster99 (11) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - DEC 31, 2001
Weak carbonation and head. A little hazy. Too cranberryish (tart) for my taste. Not a true lambic, should have been called ’Cranberry wheat’. I’ll try it again, but only if someone else is buying.

drunkbull19 (10) - Clearwater Beach, Florida, USA - DEC 14, 2006
Was pleasently surprised with this one. When you first try it, it tastes a bit odd. It grows on you. It’s got a cranberry- fruity taste, and it’s a bit tart too. Overall, It’s a pretty decent beer. It’s one of the best beers in the holiday sampler from Sam Adams.

jay15944 (10) - Bristol, Connecticut, USA - MAR 31, 2007
Awful, awful, awful. Ugh. Worst Sam Adams brew I’ve ever tasted. Wish they would get this out of the Holiday Pack.

John Wentworth99 (10) - CANADA - SEP 3, 2001
The first time I tried this beer it was amazing. Sveral others during its seasonal run proved equally remarkable. The following year, every one I had tasted foul. The third year a friend gave me one, which I cautiously tried. Excellent again. The following year, back to bad. Seems to be a trend. Don’t drink it anymore, tired of keeping track of the ’good’ years and inconsistent tastes. Good or bad, more than two can cause a sour stomach. A disappointment from an otherwise fantastic brewer.

dcb13 (10) - JAPAN - JAN 2, 2009
A decent holiday beer. I purchased it in a variety pack, and even though I have enjoyed the one bottle that I got, I wouldn’t want another one.

0.9
acsilver877 (10) - Arizona, USA - JAN 30, 2012
Bottle. I’m not a big fan of lambics, so I probably shouldn’t be rating this beer...however, this beer was very bitter with a faux cranberry flavor. Looked good in the glass though.

smeltdipper (8) - Boyne City, Michigan, USA - MAY 21, 2008 does not count
I had great expectations for this beer since overall the Sam Adams beers are usually above average. The aroma was nice. Slightly fruity and refreshing. The taste however was less impressive. I rarely (almost never) fail to finish a beer. Even Camo gets muscled down if needed. I poured this out after several sips of disbelief. I tried to like it but the taste was overwhelmingly medicinal. Almost like taking cough syrup. Overall I was disappointed in this one.

Hank426 (7) - New Hampshire, USA - APR 29, 2012 does not count
Pours a redish amber color with decent head. Has a slightly sour cranberry taste that goes great with a red-meat meal. A good beer for cold weather.

PlunkersDuo (6) - USA - MAY 6, 2008 does not count
We would qualify this as a "panty dropper" , you can give these to the ladies while your drinking your sam adams winter pack and when there good and loosened up... well you get the idea. Anyway Its not really an american/mans beer but it has its place, just not in our homes. I mean we don’t think its bad because it IS a LAMBIC and its not claiming to be a real manly bear or anything so if you like the fruity belgium style beers have at it.