overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1097   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adams® Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

PlunkersDuo (6) - USA - MAY 6, 2008 does not count
We would qualify this as a "panty dropper" , you can give these to the ladies while your drinking your sam adams winter pack and when there good and loosened up... well you get the idea. Anyway Its not really an american/mans beer but it has its place, just not in our homes. I mean we don’t think its bad because it IS a LAMBIC and its not claiming to be a real manly bear or anything so if you like the fruity belgium style beers have at it.

WizardLord69 (6) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 8, 2008 does not count
I don’t have this beer on hand, but it left a bad enough impression that I believe I can still speak about how foul it is. It’s completely undrinkable. A single sip was enough to contort my face, and I had to expend all my power to keep from spitting it up. There isn’t much more you can say about it than disgusting. I would gladly take a Steel Reserve over this any time.

beerthirty22 (6) - Newnan, Georgia, USA - NOV 9, 2009 does not count
Well.....let me put it this way....Have you ever almost puked after drinking a shit ton of beers and ate some sour cherries, cranberries ? and a little came up into the back of your mouth ? Thats what this shit tastes like..... STRAIGHT UP SOUR PUKE - !!

1.4
Jorufo (5) - Orlando, Florida, USA - JUL 9, 2002 does not count
Tastes too much like medicine..........................................

1.1
jrossol (5) - Ohio, USA - FEB 7, 2005 does not count
A poor attempt on creating a holiday treat. cranberry was too intense and overpowering(if you really like cranberries, this is your beer!). Very little sweetness in this beer--hard for me to enjoy.

mwhit20 (5) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 30, 2006 does not count
this one grew on me after i tried it a few times. its pretty fruity but its an interesting diversion from the darker stouts, porters and lagers availble in the winter samplers. its tastes like banana and cranberry.

atmelmatrix81 (5) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - MAR 11, 2007 does not count
Did not like this beer at all! Very surprised, I thought I was going to like it. The thing that surprised me was the sweetness, come on this is beer, not
Kool-Aid! The funny thing is that I can usually tolerate most beers, however this beer I found myself choking down. Although I would like to note that this beer did have a great color.

bmh4you (5) - USA - NOV 14, 2007 does not count
the idea of a cranberry flavored beer sounded good, but this is a little too heavy on the cranberry. it almost tastes like a wine cooler to me.....not so good.

tbzinger9 (4) - Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA - JAN 31, 2008 does not count
Very disappointed. Smelled of strong cranberries. Pours a pinkish hue. Felt very thick on the tongue. Could not finish the entire bottle.

BJSixstring (4) - , Virginia, USA - JAN 15, 2009 does not count
It’s different. I’m not a big fruit beer fan. The aroma is really strong of something other than beer (mostly cranberry), appearance is a reddish haze, flavor is of slight cranberry, and palate is very light and almost airy. It feels like when I get a mouth full, I didn’t get quite enough. Hard to explain. Not bad, not the best though.