overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1097   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adams® Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

vtafro (7451) - Wayne, New Jersey, USA - JAN 18, 2010
Bottle. Amber Brown pour some white head. NOT A LAMBIC, well atleast a decent lambic. Stale fruit and soggy grain flavors. Slight tart fruit aroma... still not good. 2 of 4 from PH.

wlajwl (7213) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - FEB 1, 2011
UPDATED: AUG 17, 2012 Thanksgiving cranberry aroma and flavor and rather thin in every other area One of my least favorite Sam Adams brews.

mansquito (7148) - Nueva York, New York, USA - DEC 21, 2007
Minimal white head, but maybe that was just the pour. Reddish translucent body... Cranberry smell is all I could pick out of the aroma. Taste is of cranberries and dryness... didn’t really pick out any real complexity. A Christmas beer for chicks.

MesandSim (7117) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - APR 11, 2008
A Mes rate: Bottle at Tom’s UGT Pt. 2.My god this was awful. Rather univiting cloudy light brown and it gets worse from there. Really nasty pukey sweet caramel. I couldn’t smell it without feeling like I was going to gip. Undrinkable.

HogTownHarry (7086) - Toronto (Harbourfront), CANADA - JAN 13, 2006
Bottle (12oz). Shared with blankboy, GregClow and tupalev. Now don’t get me wrong, this wasn’t *vile* but ... Poured cloudy orange with a small off-white head. Oddly sweet/sour aroma of sweet oak resin malt, paint thinner, caramel, burnt straw - dusty dry but cloying and tart at the same time. Taste - oh! - tart cranberry, burnt sweet caramel - tart and cloying and a nasty almost chemical lingering aftertaste develops. Mouthfeel quite thick, syrupy, acidic and flat - I mean really thick, not in a good way. Weird beer - not a success, no matter what they were trying for.

swoopjones (7020) - Buffalo, New York, USA - NOV 17, 2009
Blind tasting. Oak notes in aroma, light berry, light vanilla. Oak up front followed up by beery fruit syrup. The type of fruit was tought to decipher in this being blind. little tartness & zero sourness. We were told ahead that it was labeled a fruit lambic

luttonm (6981) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 30, 2009
12oz out of the holiday pack. pink-tinged head on a ruby amber pour. nose is lactic-sour and some cranberry/fruit. spritely and oily body with a badlysourskunk fruity-wheat flavor. awful.

ClarkVV (6963) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 9, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 17, 2005 2001 bottle. pours a nice whitish-yellow. I was so impressed that the cranberry was subtle after having the cherry wheat. I love the bitterness too. why dont they make this not seasonal so i can study it more! 2002 bottle. Well I had it the next release the winter after this. TERRIBLE. one word, CLOYING. It had this nasty maple syrup taste that pervaded the beer and lingered on the palate forcing me to rinse my mouth out with something else. Let’s see what next season brings. 2004 bottle Garbage. Lightly sweet cranberries, some light pils malts. This resembles a lambic about as much as I resemble a giraffe. It’s funny, though, I still do remember that first bottle back in 2001 being pretty good. Probably just an inexperienced palate, though. Can’t imagine this was ever actually good.

Braudog (6907) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - DEC 18, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2007 True amber hue with solid head that stayed with it. The aroma is almost medicinal. Flavor-wise, this is too waaaaaaaay sweet for my palate, with a super-tart berry, champagne-y character. I’ve really tried, but this is one of the very few beers I can’t even force down a glass of and wouldn’t offer it to friends.

5000 (6900) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - JAN 17, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 29, 2004 Bottle pours an orange hue with adequate carbonation & lacing. Aroma is acidic with a minor apple smell. Initial taste is again acidic, with what could be best described as a cross between a pear, an apple, cranberries, and a squeeze of lemon. Moderate sweetness coats the mouth upon finishing. Compared to previous years, I find this one isn't as offensive.