overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1097   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.49/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Samuel Adams® Cranberry Lambic is a fruit beer that draws its flavor not just from the cranberries it is brewed with, but also from the unique fermentation character imparted by the rare wild yeast strain. The result is a flavor rich in fruitiness and reminiscent of cranberries and bananas, cloves and nutmeg. The yeast fermentation also will create a slight sourness on the sides of the palate, a signature of the original Lambic style which, with the subtle cereal note from the wheat malt, remind its drinker that, as fruity a beer as this is, it is still a beer.

lifeofravis (21) - New Orleans, Louisiana, USA - AUG 18, 2005
this beer was awful. ive had it twice because i thought the first one might have just gone bad. but nope, i was dead wrong. it just didnt taste good. i made it through half of each of them before it went down the sink. except for warm skunked beer, this is the only beer i have ever not finished and put down the drain. i do not like to waste beer

clifford0163 (93) - Maryland, USA - SEP 19, 2005
i did not like this beer probably because i do not like cranberries but it just didn’t have a good flavor.

AdamSkillin (376) - High Bridge, New Jersey, USA - DEC 5, 2005
Dear Jim Koch, Get your fruit out of my beer. Such an awful repugnant idea to begin with, I was desperately hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but alas, this beer made my gums bleed and satan’s face smile. What an awful and miserable waste of crappy light beer it is to ruin said crappy beer with cranberries. Sam, take your crapberry lambic (which isn’t a lambic) and peddle it elsewhere.

HogcliffeLenny (162) - Christchurch, Dorset, ENGLAND - JAN 6, 2008
12 fl oz bottle. Had this out of a 2007 Sam Adams Seasonal Selection box. Oh deary, deary me, what was that? If you like cranberries, just stick to cranberry juice – and save yourself some money. The Sam Adams Cranberry Lambric is possibly the worst beer of any sort that I have ever tried. It was way too sweet and the dominance of the cranberries was just too much. The remainder of this bottle went straight down the sink. The second bottle in the selection box was given to someone I don’t like. To be honest, the entire 2007 winter selection was disappointing for me.

TheCaptain (613) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 30, 2008
Bottle-The worst of the seasonal pack and the worst Sam Adams I have ever had. Just nasty man, no convulsions or dry heaves but it generally sucked ass.

haugeberg (72) - - FEB 11, 2012
Imagine cranberry sauce unnaturally fermenting in feces, and then you have the flavor of this beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Braudog (6804) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - DEC 18, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 6, 2007 True amber hue with solid head that stayed with it. The aroma is almost medicinal. Flavor-wise, this is too waaaaaaaay sweet for my palate, with a super-tart berry, champagne-y character. I’ve really tried, but this is one of the very few beers I can’t even force down a glass of and wouldn’t offer it to friends.

rdawson321 (145) - USA - DEC 6, 2005
Full of cranberries... but not a taste I like in my beer. Tastes like bitter fruit juice, unbalanced, tart, and sour.

MarkBarnes (419) - Waterville, New York, USA - JAN 5, 2006
Jan. 5, 2005; 12 oz. bottle. An unwelcome stowaway in the Samuel Adams winter sampler pack. Sour and acidic; smells like a barrel of rotting fruit. Had me searching the corners of the back room in hopes of finding a forgotten Budweiser to quench my thirst. One of the most ill-conceived products I’ve encountered from an otherwise reputable brewer.

Moz (613) - Gothenburg, SWEDEN - JAN 19, 2007
Bottle. I was rather excited when I cracked this one open but I couldn’t finish it, awful stuff. Red colour. Odd fruity aroma. Strange sweet flavour, definitely not drinkable. Spare the cranberries for the turkey...