overall
RATINGS: 1607   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52/5   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
Samuel Adams® Cream Stout is a true cream stout, balancing body and sweetness with the natural spiciness of grain and hand selected English hops. Our Brewers use generous portions of roasted chocolate and caramel malts as well as unroasted barley to impart a fullness of body, a roasty malt character and rich, creamy head. Its dark mahogany color make it almost as easy on the eyes as it is on the palate.

SturmWulf (65) - USA - AUG 10, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 1, 2007 Medium Aroma of roasted malt, chocolate, coffee and caramel, very light touch of vanilla. Poured black, with a nice foamy. semi-creamy tan head that very slowly receded into a thin cream cap. Left good lacing. Taste of roasted malt, coffee, chocolate, a touch of burn malt, caramel, dark chocolate, very light hint of vanilla. Body is light to medium, texture is very creamy, slightly softer than average carbonation, a nice dry bittersweet finish. I really liked this stout! Excellent job by Samuel Adams. The only criticism is I like the body to be a touch heavier and the aroma a bit more robust. However, this is one excellent beer and I am definitely adding this to my favorite rotation of beer. Served in a Pint.

bhambeerking (7) - hoover, Alabama, USA - AUG 24, 2011 does not count
Sweet, black, and smooth. The best Sam Adams has to offer. By far my favorite beer.

alainanoah (4) - - OCT 10, 2015 does not count
This beer is a real treat. Smooth, creamy and rich. It reminds me a bit of Quiness but with slightly more after taste that has just a hint of bitterness.

---Rated via Beer Buddy for Android