overall

RATINGS: 73   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.69%
Golden color; Clean, crisp, medium bodied and very flavorful. One of the great traditional beer styles.

gripweed57 (2460) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - JUL 12, 2017
From old tasting notes. Hazy yellow gold color. Thick creamy white head. Aromatic floral hop bouquet. Tart flavorful semi-dry malt flavor. Plenty of hops throughout. Decent.

Headbanger (3999) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - MAY 12, 2014
12oz bottle (Old Notes)-Pours a clear golden with a small white head. Aroma of grains and hops. Taste of the same. This light bodied brew is a nice little pilsner but not something I would go out of my way to find.

bpar73 (1118) - Bellaire, Michigan, USA - OCT 24, 2012
Pours a clear golden color with a white head. Just a run of the mill pils, Sam could do better.

jtclockwork (16581) - , New Jersey, USA - MAY 14, 2010
Pours nice golden color in the glass with good head. Medium bodied. Has some fruits and good balance. Ratted 10/24/2000

philbertk (1873) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 28, 2010
Boston Beer Company--Samuel Adams--Golden Pilsner--1997-1998. 12 oz. Bottle. 4.63% ABV (3.5 / 5.0) Pilsner--Clean Light Golden Color, Good body and light sweet hop character. Boston Beer Company--Samuel Adams--Golden Pilsner--Big Sam--1999. 12 oz. Bottle. 4.63% ABV (4.0 / 5.0) Pilsner--Clear bright straw golden color. Big aromatic Saaz hop front. Crisp clean malt body is lightly sweet with a buttery mouth feel and light toffee flavor. Clean hoppy finish without overpowering spice. Sampled 4/26/1999. Boston Beer Company--Samuel Adams--Golden Pilsner--Big Sam--Signature Series--2001. 12 oz. Bottle. 4.63% ABV (3.5 / 5.0) Pilsner--Clear light golden color. Malty lacy head. Light Saaz hop front. Crisp mild pilsner malt body with light sweet lemon notes. Clean fresh mild hop end. Balanced refreshing Classic Pils flavor. Restrained mild malt. Sampled 10/16/2001.

ben4321 (6503) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - MAY 15, 2009
Overall Impression: A Sam offering that I haven’t tried in a while (and I guess that would make sense since it’s retired), but I remember this being rather dull and average, so not too much of a loss...

BroSpud (2188) - , Massachusetts, USA - FEB 13, 2009
I’m a huge fan of Sam’s Lager and also their stronger specialty offerings. The multitudes of other beers they offer don’t excite me all that much This is one of those others.

DeutschesBier (9) - , New Jersey, USA - JAN 31, 2009 does not count
What happened to this one? I have not seen it for ages! Huge fan of anything brewed by Sam Adams, but I have to say this one was a bit weak. Sam Adams beers are usually hoppy, and this one was light on the hops, maltiness and aroma. One of the weaker brews put out by this excellent brewery I am sorry to say..

chrissy (122) - Connecticut, USA - APR 20, 2008
I am not a Sam Adams fan, but this was the exception. I loved this beer. By far the best product they ever made. In my mind this was a perfect beer.

daknole (11049) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - MAR 18, 2008
I drank this a few years ago from what I remember. It wasnt anything special. Nothing to write home about. If you want a pilsner, dont look here. There are TONS better.