overall

RATINGS: 73   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.69%
Golden color; Clean, crisp, medium bodied and very flavorful. One of the great traditional beer styles.

ericmoss3799 (73) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 17, 2001
I useally don’t like light colored beers as a rule, but I will drink this before their Summer Ale.

TheBeerLover (1027) - DC Metro Area, USA - APR 23, 2006
This one might not get a lot of hype, but this beer is actually one of the BBC’s very best. Stylistically, it is a very accurate example of pilsner, and is a very crisp, clean, very drinkable beer. Pours to a beautiful, bright, deep golden color, with a nice white head that slowly fades, and a good bit of carbonation. The nose is very nice, with good, crisp, pilsner malt aroma, paired with some light, herbal hop aroma. The palate is firm, with good pilsner malt flavor, on a very round, and clean body. This beer finishes with more good crisp pilsner malt up front, then ends with good herbal hop bittereness that balances this beer out. Impressive domestic example of pilsner, very food friendly, and very, very drinkable.

XMB625 (30) - USA - MAR 3, 2003
If my ratings do not give it away, I think this is one of Sam Adams better brews.

opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - DEC 15, 2000
An excellent beer. Light and refreshing, while retaining character. I agree with a previous review that it’s no Pilsner Urquell, but then what is? A good pilsner.

igneous1 (1535) - Davenport, Iowa, USA - NOV 24, 2001
does have a bit less ’bite’ than Urquell, which i rather like.

k2 (146) - USA - JUL 20, 2002
Good ’hot day beer’. Nice hops but not overpowering.

beerman991979 (137) - Old Town, Maine, USA - AUG 7, 2000
I am not going to lie and say that pilsners are my favorites, but I was impressed by this beer. It is true to the pilsner style with no overwhelming taste of either malt or hops. It was also true to it’s ’golden’ color. all in all a fairly refreshing beer.

HighlanderOne (1330) - York, SC via NJ, South Carolina, USA - JUN 17, 2001
This beer seemed to lack the ’bite’ that pilseners generally have. But I did enjoy it. It has a unique flavor, almost like that of an american pale ale, to me.

gripweed57 (2460) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - JUL 12, 2017
From old tasting notes. Hazy yellow gold color. Thick creamy white head. Aromatic floral hop bouquet. Tart flavorful semi-dry malt flavor. Plenty of hops throughout. Decent.

Sammys (428) - Portland, Maine, USA - APR 27, 2001
I usually don’t give transparent beers a rating of 5 for appearance, but this DID say ’golden’ on the label...Pilsner isn’t my favorite style, but as far as that style goes, this is one of the better ones. Compares nice to Urquell, I think. Somewhat bitter, very refreshing - this is a TRUE Pilsner.