overall
RATINGS: 1378   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.36/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 34   EST. CALORIES: 157   ABV: 5.24%
2009 Beer Lover’s Choice Contestant - Sample A. Similar to a traditional Czech Pilsner, our Samuel Adams Pils is brewed with a blend of 5 Noble Hop varieties from each of the world’s only remaining Noble Hop growing regions. The spicy, herbal and citrus hop character is well balanced by the Weyermann Bohemian Pilsner malt, adding honeyed malt character and full body without sweetness.

jredmond (8283) - New York, New York, USA - FEB 1, 2010
Bottle from Pat. Pours a clear yellow. Aroma is some subdued pils, bready. The taste is lacking any flavor, I cant believe this is as highly rated in its style.

Dragonfly1 (500) - Colorado, USA - FEB 1, 2010
Bottle. Bright yellow, vibrant pour. Tons of bubbles and a fluffy head. Buttered bread aroma, malty, surprisingly light on any hops aroma given the advanced billing. Taste is very distinct, hard to place- sweet cream, orange dreamsicle, lemon grass. Hops are very delicate, they fade quickly, ending in a very clean finish. Not at all what I expected- very unique. Oranges and cream keep re-appearing for me on this one.

tennessejed420 (940) - Denver, Colorado, USA - FEB 1, 2010
12 oz. bottle. Pours a crystal clear light gold with white foamy head. Smells of citrus hops, slight turpentine smell, pine, spruce. Taste is a crisp bite of hops, slight lemon tinge, citrus hop bitterness, but with not too much on finish. Very drinkable, this would be a great session beer - SA should sell this in kegs. One of my favorite beers by sam adams.

urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - FEB 1, 2010
UPDATED: JUL 8, 2010 The more beer I drink, the more I appreciate beers like this. This is so solid all the way through. Excellent lemony hops and bright malt with just enough heft. I have had more exciting examples of the style, but this one works just fine. Comparable to Oskar Blues’s fine Yella Pils. As a follow-up, I wanted to mention that I purchased this regularly all spring. Repeated purchases, I believe, are the best measure of quality.

hopson (635) - Williamsville, New York, USA - FEB 1, 2010
22 oz bomber- super citric hops- very fresh, very tasty- refreshing for sure- something here for everybody. something I will look for again.

bluemooner (657) - East Bethel, Minnesota, USA - FEB 1, 2010
Pours a clear golden with a thin frothy head and some lacing. Aroma is bready with some grassy hops. Taste is also a bit bready with earthy, citrus hop presence and some honey. Light bodied with medium carbonation and a mild hop finish. Overall not very impressive.

KornDogg (570) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 31, 2010
Draft. Light hop aroma. Light golden body with medium head. Flavor starts of with citrus and hops and is followed by a crisp malt flavor...

broozer81 (107) - , New Jersey, USA - JAN 31, 2010
UPDATED: MAR 6, 2011 just not much to this...strong nose, but flavors are all over and pretty weak..citrusy sweet aroma and taste light herbal hops, some honey..SA says full body but thats definitely lacking..good to try but one’s enough for me... Update-My second go at this was a nice surprise at Joe’s Crab Shack. very smooth with a lite but pleasant taste. The flavor came through great. this is a very good tasting beer its just a little lite but i guess thats what the style calls for. This is back on my good beer list

GT (10000) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 31, 2010
On tap. Clear amber with off-white, rocky head. Sort of a citrus hop nose. Taste is a mix of citrus IPA flavors and some very strange sweet cloying- syrupy sweetness. A little gross.

Elwood (3336) - Leesburg, Virginia, USA - JAN 31, 2010
Serving: 12 oz. bottle. A clear yellow pour with a small, froathy, white head. Good head retention. I really struggled to get much of a nose off this one. Light grass notes were about all I got. The taste was a bit buttery with mellow grass, hay, spicy hop, and floral notes. As the beer warms, I get a touch of soap as well. It is medium bodied with a long, bitter finish. All in all one of Sam’s better attempts.