overall
RATINGS: 2575   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
The first thing you notice when pouring a glass of this seasonal beer is the color. Samuel Adams® Octoberfest has a rich, deep golden amber hue which itself is reflective of the season. Samuel Adams® Octoberfest is a malt lover’s dream, masterfully blending together four roasts of barley to create a delicious harmony of sweet flavors including caramel and toffee. The beer is kept from being overly sweet by the elegant bitterness imparted by the German Noble hops. Samuel Adams® Octoberfest provides a wonderful transition from the lighter beers of summer to the winter’s heartier brews.
Beer vintage abv varies from 5.0% to 5.5%

poussemoussu (3) - Casanova Lerrone, ITALY - FEB 2, 2017 does not count
The best of the whole Samuel Adams family. I can’t wait to have that one and from all the kinds they have, the Samuel Adams Octoberfest has the best balance of everything.

Psu319 (8) - - SEP 15, 2017 does not count
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2017 Great Octoberfest beer. If you're looking to try an Octoberfest beer start with this one you will not be disappointed.

PubTimePete (2) - Waterville, Maine, USA - SEP 2, 2006 does not count
Great color with a little sweet flavor to the taste. Good fall/football season beer.

TungstenGT (34) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - JAN 26, 2009
This is without a doubt my favorite beer offering from SA. Whenever this is available I definitely go with this exclusively. I think the taste, color, and aroma are all home runs with this beer.

Fulmonte21 (42) - USA - JUN 10, 2009
One of my favorite beers. It come out in the fall, around late August through November. It has a caramel color and a spicy aroma. This i readily available in the bottle and on tap during the season.

Jbschuyler (3) - - SEP 29, 2013 does not count
Fall favorite once again. Look for it on draught before it disappears. .......................... ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

joeshmo21 (12) - USA - FEB 18, 2006
I’ve had a six-pack around for a while, but I realized that I hadn’t reviewed this brew yet. This is probably the finest beer I’ve yet to put in my mouth. It pours a darker orange/amber with a thick head. It has a nice, kind of fruity, smell. I don’t know what this has been spiced with, or what Boston Beer had done, but it was thoroughly delicious and smooth. There was a bit of a fruity, maybe spiced taste, and a very smooth and slightly bitter finish, no aftertaste. I can’t find a single weak point in this beer, except that it is only offerred once a year. I encourage everyone to try it at least once.

hamsterglory (48) - Bryan, Texas, USA - AUG 27, 2008
autumn came early this year. arriving into my fridgedaire crisper case late august. arriving as another school term engulfs my normally lazy mind. last week i bought a case of sam adams octoberfest - after a full year of waiting and anticipating the only malty beer that i love. every sip since has made the wait worthwhile. the toffee sweet aroma speaks of cardigan sweaters and backyard football and piles of gigantic yellow leaves. a rich, almost reddish brown glimmers in the glass like sweet iced tea from the recently passed summertime. brilliant buttery malts cascade forward on the tonge, breaking on the edges of crisp, sharp hop notes. this is a beautiful beer: the top of its oktoberfested style and the leader of the sam adams pack. also, pairs exceptionally well with a stinky chunk of swiss cheese. during the autumn time, sam adams octoberfest can only be trumped by schlafly pumpkin ale - however, until i make it to the midwest again, it’s october until december in the republic. praise be: this is a beautiful beer.

psusoccer21 (5) - Virginia, USA - JUL 23, 2009 does not count
This is currently my favorite Octoberfest beer. Tasty with a mild sweetness.