overall
Serve in Shaker

RATINGS: 470   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.74/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Samuel Adams is currently in the process of brewing up a German style called “radler.” The name radler translates to “cyclist,” A 50/50 (ish) blend of beer and lemonade. (Like a shandy). Perfect for any summer day, Samuel Adams® Porch Rocker was inspired by traditional Bavarian Radlers that mix beer with German-style lemonade. For our bright and citrusy Radler, we blended a Helles beer with lemon for a fresh-squeezed lemon taste, effervescent sweetness, and slightly tart, refreshing finish. A light malt character and hint of hops balance out this summer brew.

ganache (6001) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 11, 2013
Uh, a Radler at 4.5%? Fresh bottle best by Sept. Big lemonade nose, cloying and fruity, pours bright clear golden with a big fizzy white head. Taste is very sweet but not overwhelming, there’s a tendency toward artificial sweetener but that problem is soon overcome by Sammy’s proprietary bready finish. Spritzy and tart, lemony light body, not watery or offensive. Not incredibly beery, but they’ve done well here!

DocLock (10830) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 11, 2013
Bottle from summer variety pack. Pours hazy straw colored with a finger or so of off-white head. Nose is lemon, pale malt, hops. Tastes lemony, sugary, with notes f pale malt, mild hops, and more lemon in the finish.

mbgrayson (787) - Anaconda, Montana, USA - MAY 11, 2013
Aroma of lemons and malt. Taste is sweet and lemony. Very smooth, and goes down easily. A nice, drinkable summer beer for after you cut the lawn.

1.4
dwyerpg (6282) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - MAY 10, 2013
Well it is certainly quite strong in the lemon, both in the aroma and the flavor. It is light but I don’t really lemons or lemonade, so.

DuffMan (10549) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 8, 2013
Bottle-- battle of the shandys, I guess, as this was pitted against Leinenkugel’s summer shandy. This was better by a long shot, with a better base beer to begin with and lemon character that seemed more genuine, a little more tart. Still too sweet for my taste, with the lemon overpwering the beer. I can see why some people find this style refreshing, but I’m not one of them.

cbfobes (2885) - Quad Cities, Illinois, USA - MAY 5, 2013
12oz bottle from the mix 12 Summer pack, pours a really pale gold with no head at all, really no aroma what so ever, maybe just a little bit of fruit, the flavor has more to it than the aroma, but that’s not necessarily a good thing, slight spice with a little bit of fruit in the finish, ugh, this mix pack has been a huge dud.

crazyvin (2026) - New York, USA - MAY 5, 2013
A nice straw-yellow body with a white head that had some retention but no lace. A nice effervescence to it, very mild. Aroma had some nice breat malts and a little bit of hay, lemon was almost like citric acid, not unpleasant but it was certainly a little off. Flavor had some nice malts upfront but the lemons seemed to add a little too much sourness to it. Finish was smooth and the carbonation was mild.

TheBear11D (365) - Michigan, USA - MAY 5, 2013
The porch rocker pours a clear golden yellow with a large white foamy head that lasts and leaves fair lacing. The aroma is lemonade and almost more of an Arnold Palmer. The flavor is lemonade mixed with a wheat beer. Somewhat intriguing. Overall this is a decent beer. It grew on me throughout enjoying the beer. Not bad for a warm sunny day. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

wildbeercat (356) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - MAY 4, 2013
12 fl oz / 355mL bottle into a Samuel Adams glass. Served cold. Aroma: Pretty sour/tart smelling. I’m not picking up much citrus or lemonade-y smells. Mreh. Appearance: Completely transparent bright yellow. Fizzy, soda-like white head quickly goes away. Taste: Actually quite nice! Good, real lemonade flavor. Definitely backed up by a nice refreshing light lager-y taste. Surprised! It’s pretty nice. Palate: Really light. However, it’s got some presence. Quite fizzy. Overall: I like the way this beer tastes. I wasn’t to keen on the way it looked or smelled; I felt like I was about to be horribly disappointed. I’m glad I wasn’t though! Good summer beer. Good for a hot day.

LinusStick (3484) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 4, 2013
Yuck. Bought a Sam Adams mix pack for my non-beer nerds and this was unfortunately one of the beers included. While I can admit if it was blazing hot, I was at a pool and there was this or Coors Light available, I would jump on it, that’s all I can say. The aroma was decent. Lemon and notes of generic beer. Pour was a clear light gold. No bubbles or head. Taste was just as the style would suggest. Tastes like someone poured a lemonade into a stale beer. Medium carbonation.