overall
RATINGS: 234   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Pale gold in color; Malty and crisp with a definite malty/cereal note and an elegant, balanced hop spiciness.

blatz (138) - Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Florida, USA - NOV 16, 2000
Another lackluster brew from Sam - on my list its in between Pale Ale and Summer Ale - Definitely crisp and refereshing - nice on a hot day - the presentation is okay - very thin color and body - minimal head retention - well balanced in the hop/malt department and not necessarily a bad brew - just not one I like nor one I’d expect from SA. Cheers!

mike mcneil (660) - St Augustine, Florida, USA - NOV 3, 2000
This is probably the only SA product I would pass on. Nothing outstanding or discerning to me here. Clean and refreshing, but very light and kind of bland.

beerman991979 (137) - Old Town, Maine, USA - OCT 4, 2000
good clean taste.. slightly heavier than say the summer ale, but lighter than the oktoberfest or winter. Good malty taste with a mildly hoppy aftertaste.

Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - SEP 7, 2000
I have liked all Sam’s beers that I have tasted. good malt nose, fair on the hop end. Clean and fresh.