overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 2285   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.94/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Samuel Adams® Summer Ale is an American wheat ale. This summer seasonal uses malted wheat, lemon zest and Grains of Paradise, a rare pepper from Africa first used as a brewing spice in the 13th century, to create a crisp taste, spicy flavor and medium body. The ale fermentation imparts a background tropical fruit note reminiscent of mangos and peaches. All of these flavors come together to create a thirst quenching, clean finishing beer perfect for those warm summer days.

podey's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
podey (638) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 27, 2013
UPDATED: MAR 14, 2013 A drinkable summer beer by Sam Adams. Lots of citrus notes. Better in bottle than on tap.

higgsbison (256) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - SEP 22, 2017
Light and lemony. I do not like it. Sorry, I had to upload these old ratings. They were for me, not for uploading. And also I need 75 characters, hence this sentence. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Grumbo (3482) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - AUG 21, 2017
Bottle at Premier Cafe, 7th Avenue, New York. Pours hazy amber with a small white head. Aroma of citrus, wheat, sweet malt and grain. Medium plus sweetness, light citrus bitterness, Light body, watery texture, average carbonation. First beer on this visit to NYC, hope I will do much better.

Salian (81) - Sale, Cheshire, ENGLAND - AUG 14, 2017
Ok, nothing startling, draft at the Red Lobster, near Orlando convention centre. Lightly spiced, easy drinking, expected more fruit flavour.

BeerTre504 (1) - - AUG 8, 2017 does not count
Don't buy again. Was not very tasty better seasonal beer dhdhsu hehdhdhshsh hdhdhdhsushshshshdh ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

bulldogops (2726) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - AUG 5, 2017
Rating #2622 - 2016.06.25 - Draught at the Marriott I was at in SLC. Hazy gold pour, Aroma has a hint of wheat, and a herbal whif, mixed with a strong cerealy note. Taste is pretty much the same, a dominance with hints of wheat character built in (wheat, citrus, etc.) Finish is dry and crisp. Nice, light, refreshing.

17Beer (386) - Connecticut, USA - AUG 5, 2017
12 oz. bottle. Light scents of grass yeast and malt. Pours a dirty golden hazy with a short fast dissipating white head. A lot of lemon flavor but very little wheat. Slight sour finish and a refreshing crisp mouthfeel. Not too challenging very simple but nothing wrong with it.

Padchenko (372) - Dublin, IRELAND - AUG 4, 2017
Cloudy golden with white head. Citrusy and some other fruits and slightly bready texture, but actually light enough. Refreshing

Scipio (1147) - Palatine, Illinois, USA - JUL 31, 2017
Pours a hazy golden with a medium, smooth white head. The aroma is very minor, as I’m only finding a little lemon and wheat. The taste contains mild bitterness and is dry. Here we get lemon, wheat, bread, and some slight grain. Finish is lemon. Medium bodied, chewy in texture, and average carbonation. For a summer beer, this isn’t crisp or refreshing. When I was naive, I thought summer beers were great. Since then, I’ve come to realize that they taste like furniture polish. This tastes like furniture polish.

ironprog (88) - Florida, USA - JUL 29, 2017
12 oz. bottle. AROMA: Mild lemon scent and nothing else. APPEARANCE: Pours a cloudy, deep gold, with a white, frothy head that dissipates slowly. TASTE: Lightly sour with flavors of dish-water (don’t ask me how I know) and lemon. PALATE: Medium bodied with a thin texture. Carbonation is average and there’s not much of a finish. OVERALL: Full disclosure: I had a nice Eisbock prior to trying this beer. So maybe that threw off my palate. But I did try a palate cleansing before trying this beer. Having said that, I find this beer severely lacking. The taste is just short of horrific and the other aspects (aroma, palate, etc.) are below par. Which is a shame, because I tend to like most of the Samuel Adams beers.

thejackpacker (529) - East Sussex, ENGLAND - JUL 26, 2017
On tap at Bishops Arms, Östersund. Aroma has strong cider notes. The taste maintains the apple flavour and use of ’old’ hops. Decent but nothing remarkable.