overall

RATINGS: 1044   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.81/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 540   ABV: 18%
Triple Bock is complex, elegant, and has the depth and complexity of a fine cognac, vintage port or an old sherry. Non-carbonated, ruby-black, and very special, Triple Bock should be sipped from a small snifter in a two-ounce serving. This is a beer to savor, and sip slowly. Triple Bock has a brandy-like warmth and a complex melange of fruity, woody, and toffee-like flavors. Let the aroma fill your mouth and nose with rich malt and fruit overtones. Savor and appreciate its enormous character. Serve Triple Bock as you would a fine sherry, at room temperature, in a small snifter. One bottle generously serves two or three. Recork and store standing up. Once poured into a small glass, the layers of aroma and flavor will continue to evolve as the deep ruby brew warms in the hand.

There have been only three vintages produced: 1994, 1995 and 1997, but bottles can still be found in the marketplace. 1994 and 1995 vintages are marked as such on the back label; 1997 vintage is not.

0.7
rwv3799 (1) - USA - FEB 7, 2002 does not count
The odor coming from this beer is so strong that I found it literally difficult to bring towards my mouth.

jmusial99 (27) - USA - FEB 7, 2002
I bought a 1994 case of this in 1997 and still have 10 bottles left. This has almost a brandy affect. This is not to be taken like a regular beer. Best served at room temp in a sniff... and this is a sipper not a drinker. I like this one on a really cold night and by the fire. As they continue to age they just get better. A very good friend and myself have shared these over the last few x-mas's (missed the last one)... the older the better. It continues to mature and get smoother.

crazydiamond (48) - Michigan, USA - FEB 4, 2002
From my experience, I had a hard time 'placing' this beer in an evening of beer enjoyment. It certainly wasn't a 'sit down and finish every last drop' beer for me. Then, after thinking about it. I determined this beer is best served in a shot glass, akin to Jaggermiester or Garappa. Simply pour small amounts in your families & friends glasses, sip & discuss. Then, follow up with session beers. A rich man's 'shot & shell', very nice!!

evilash99 (2) - Malmö, SWEDEN - JAN 31, 2002 does not count
Black in color, almost syrupy in texture with no carbon dioxide. Very intense and thick aroma. The taste has elements of chocolate, port, vanilla and raisins, and the aftertaste lingers for a long time. Try this beer with either some strong cheese or maybe an english fruitcake.

0.9
DrRobert99 (2) - Nurmes, FINLAND - JAN 31, 2002 does not count
The only good thing in this beer is that it is strong. Drinkability poor, tastes awful, do not buy whole bottle!

joelumbumbard99 (13) - Alabama, USA - JAN 24, 2002
What a great idea for a venison marinade! This should go on RateWine.com (if there is such a place). Couldn't finish the bottle. Worst money I have ever spent on beer! And I have even bought Busch Light before!

carlitos99 (184) - The Big Apple, USA - JAN 23, 2002
cool bottle, lots of alcohol, but it taste like sweet wine syrup. not beer.

1.4
RyanD99 (7) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 3, 2002 does not count
What the hell was Samuel Adam's thinking? A barley wine triple bock brewed with maple syrup??? Yuck. I like the alcohol content, though.

BuKKet99 (39) - Republic of Texas, USA - DEC 31, 2001
Very much like motor oil. This was apparently Koch's first attempt at high alkie creations. Inferior to the SA Millennium, which is also a curiosity but actally tastes good.

NYDennis (64) - Port Jefferson Station, New York, USA - DEC 29, 2001
I just hated it. I saw it in the store and heard that it was rare so I bought it. Not my type of beer at all.