overall
RATINGS: 2595   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.19/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Bold and rich, with a touch of holiday spice. The first thing one notices about a Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is the deep ruby color. Then comes the magical aroma which promises something special on the tongue. The cinnamon, ginger, and hint of citrus from the orange peel blend with the roasty sweetness of the malts to deliver a warming, spicy flavor. On the palate Samuel Adams Winter Lager is rich and full bodied, robust and warming, a wonderful way to enjoy the cold evenings that come with the season.

TheBeerMaster (100) - Little Falls, New Jersey, USA - NOV 21, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 27, 2007 Pours a deep amber. Next time you treat yourself to a warm slice of apple pie or a gingerbread cookie, pour a tall glass of Samuel Adams Winter Lager. The desserts will pair nicely with the malty sweetness and spicy cinnamon in the brew.

popdoggy (100) - USA - DEC 21, 2007
I enjoy this. Altough light in the aroma and a little watery, not a bad beer. Not a winter warmer by anymeans. not bad for a session.

wacohoover (100) - Garland, Texas, USA - MAR 27, 2008
This was better (and darker) than I expected it to be. Overall, it tasted fine, but I wouldn’t jump for joy upon drinking it again. I could use more malt. It tasted similar to their regular Boston Lager, only not as good.

JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - MAY 31, 2002
Good aftertaste with a decent aroma. My favorite of the Sam Adams line aside from the Boston Lager. Unfortunately the only way that it is available in my area is by purchasing the variety twelve pack with a bunch of other beers I don't like. I'd purchase this by itself though. Give it a shot...pretty decent.

nicholai (99) - Helsinki, FINLAND - NOV 30, 2005
Bottle. Clearish red with white head. Smells of warmth, honey, and grasses. A taste reminiscent of grain, with some caramel character.

Studentofbrrs (99) - Ontario, CANADA - DEC 15, 2012
It has a great deep red color, and has a strong smell that lets you know that it is going to be good. You can taste a hit of some citrus fruit and cinnamon, as well as a sweet malt finish. It is a good winter lager that i would definitely have again

kilgore41599 (98) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 20, 2002
Again it always seems like a good idea until I taste it.....................

ironprog (98) - Florida, USA - DEC 7, 2012
12 oz. bottle. Pours a clear, medium-amber, with minimal head. Aroma is faint, but I pick up traces of cinnamon and orange. Lightly-bitter with tastes of cinnamon and cloves. Medium body and texture with very light carbonation. Finish is bitter. I’m not really diggin’ this beer. Which is odd, because I had it on tap a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty good. Well, I did just get over a cold, so maybe my taste buds are still a little out of whack. I’ll give it another taste in a week or so.

Tippie4 (97) - Auburn, Maine, USA - DEC 4, 2003
Very clean taste to this beer. The flavor goes away then come back after, and come back with a nice bitterness.