overall
RATINGS: 2583   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.19/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Bold and rich, with a touch of holiday spice. The first thing one notices about a Samuel Adams® Winter Lager is the deep ruby color. Then comes the magical aroma which promises something special on the tongue. The cinnamon, ginger, and hint of citrus from the orange peel blend with the roasty sweetness of the malts to deliver a warming, spicy flavor. On the palate Samuel Adams Winter Lager is rich and full bodied, robust and warming, a wonderful way to enjoy the cold evenings that come with the season.

jacomino (4) - Miami, Florida, USA - DEC 9, 2002 does not count
Great chestnutty color. Head is nice and rich. Smells like Sam Adams Boston Lager at Santa's house. Traces of ginger and orange in this one. Because I'm particular to malty beers, this one leaves no room for improvement in my book.

joetan22 (3) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - JUN 28, 2007 does not count
one of my top five beers...nice bitter taste to it...another relaxing type beer that goes great with any dinner

TungstenGT (34) - Birmingham, Alabama, USA - AUG 3, 2008
This is one of my favorite of the SA seasonal offerings, second only to the Octoberfest. It’s very smooth and tastes so good. No after taste.

keithtarbi (7) - Crafton, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 27, 2010 does not count
Great all around winter warmer. Considered a Bock beer, but with great complexity and all around drink-ability. A favorite of many.

GonzoJohn (2) - USA - FEB 24, 2007 does not count
This has been my "go to" beer for the last 3 months. It looks good (a nice amber to light brown with a creamy light head), it tastes great ( a nice malty slightly sweet beer with hint of ginger and orange, which doesn’t sound great, but works) and the mouth feel as well as the aftertaste are all pleasant. A seriously good beer for the price and availability. I’ve tried probably a dozen Winter or Christmas ales and lagers this year, and this one keeps me coming back.

RastaManDan (12) - Hamstead, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 12, 2007
The king of winter ales: Caramel essence with an easy finish A great beer for the coldest of winter days

Elderbeerman (7) - Rockton, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 25, 2008 does not count
There is something about Sam Adams brews in general...a mouthfeel, a something that I can’t define, but I like. Winter Lager is tasty and worth a try. I love the way the head foams up and is a nice beige/brown and lacy to the end. Another fine Sam Adams brew that I enjoyed poured from a bottle.

BeerLady66 (3) - New York, USA - NOV 16, 2013 does not count
Full bodied, citrus ginger and vegetable blend.. what I’ve come to expect from SAM ADAMS.

ericmoss3799 (73) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 19, 2001
A good winter brew has a nice strong taste that warms. .....................

raymow (1700) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 8, 2003
I really enjoyed this one. On the sweet side with a great flavor and nice after taste. I had it on tap though, which I normally enjoy much more than bottled. Next to Sam Adams Oktoberfest, this is probably the best Sam Adams that I've tried so far.