overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 459   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.32/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Bottle: Pasteurised;
Also known as Organic Raspberry Handcrafted Fruit Ale
A product of England this is an ale brewed with raspberry juice and natural flavours added. Brewed at All Saints in Stamford Lincolnshire and blended and bottled at Samuel Smith’s Brewery. The finest organically grown barley and wheat are used to create a complex ale which having undergone primary and secondary fermentation with different yeasts and extended maturation. This beer is blended with pure organic raspberry fruit juice and a previously cellared brew creating an unparalleled fruit ale. The smooth distinctive character of the matured ale serves as the perfect counterpoint to the pure organic fruit juice.

brokensail (16648) - Dublin, California, USA - FEB 15, 2010
A: The Raspberry beer pours a deep, dark, garnet color with hints of purple. There is a large pink head which is quite fluffy. S: You can definitely tell that this is a raspberry beer. The aroma is full of sweet raspberries. There is not much else to the nose other than the sweet, fruity smell. T: The taste is almost identical to the scent. The raspberry flavor is the star of the show and it is quite sweet. M: This is quite a fizzy beer, which works well for the style. It helps to cut down on the sweetness, as otherwise this would taste like syrup. D: The beer is a bit too sweet for my tastes. I enjoy a good amount of fruit in beers, but it tends to be more in lambic form so that the tartness helps to balance things out. I’m glad I shared this with my girlfriend as I don’t think I would have been able to drink it all.

DandyWolfFloyd (1212) - Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 7, 2010
I took a look at the ratings, and I must say, I was flumoxed. Given what it is it’s a great brew in my opinion. The listing notes it is a fruit beer, and not a lambic which is a notable difference. The aroma is moderately noticeable fresh raspberry fruit, full of sweet fruit esters, not much tartness or yeast shine through. The brew is a hazy reddish color with a soft pink to color. The taste is sweet raspberry fruit, along with a soft tartness. The sweetnesss of the beer can not be denied, but it’s great almost like a raspberry soda, but a beer. Taste is natural and reminds me of cherry soda, but the glory of it all it’s an excellent beer. Palate is light to medium bodied, high sparkly carbonation and a quick and clean finish. Probaly the best fruit beer I’ve had. I really enjoyed it, would buy a case for the ladies, and for myself

jeremytoni (3083) - Swedesboro, New Jersey, USA - FEB 4, 2010
From a bottle poured a dark ruby color with a small head. Tart raspberry flavor with a lingering finish.

NPRugby11 (219) - New York, USA - FEB 2, 2010
Scent is overwhelmingly ripe raspberry which leads into the taste...raspberry with just a bit of bitter ale bite on the aftertaste. Love the tartness of the raspberry, balances out the ale beautifully. This is how a fruit beer is done

obxdude10 (2374) - Pottstown, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 28, 2010
I’m a huge fan of raspberries, so naturally I got stoked to try this beer. And I certainly wasn’t disappointed. First, it’s a hell of a lot better than the Organic Strawberry. This is like night and day. This Organic Raspberry is so much better. I was first impressed after popping the cap and starting to pour the beer into my glass. I love the dark reddish color of the beer, with a small, but beautiful dark pink head. The head doesn’t leave much lacing around the glass though. The nose is full of raspberries, with some hints of yeast and a slight note of dry red grapes. The body is bubbly, but not overcarbonated. It’s very comparable to a sparkling wine. The flavors are obviously dominated by the raspberries, but also include some grass, yeast and grapes. The finish is very sweet and fruity. I could definitely see myself pouring some of this over a huge slice of cheesecake. The Organic Raspberry is definitely one delicious beer!

KajII (801) - Macon, North Carolina, USA - JAN 24, 2010
UPDATED: SEP 20, 2011 Bottle. The pour was a medium to dark red almost a cranberry in color with an average sized (1-2 finger) fizzy pink head that dissipated quite quickly and had fair lacing. The aroma was extremely strong with the scent of Raspberry’s and had a mild sweet yeast odor to it and not much else. It tasted moderately sweet and slightly malty with a nice dose of Raspberry from beginning to end with a hint of yeast at the finish that left the flavor lingering on the taste buds for a nice long time after the swallow. Mouthfeel was light to medium in body and slightly watery in texture yet had a dry feel to it at the finish with a nice lively carbonation. Overall kind of a sweet brew with a lot of flavor, but it is more like Lambic than a Fruit Beer. Although it might be quite tasty mixed with a dry stout.

theisti (4206) - Kansas, USA - JAN 4, 2010
550 ml bottle, given to me as a Christmas gift by my wife. SC2311 marked on the neck of the bottle. Pour is hazed ruby red and brown with a fluffy three inch off white and slight pink head. Falls slowly. Aroma of fresh raspberry puree and cinnamon, with some spice yeastiness behind that. Nice and fresh fruit. Taste is the raspberry puree of the nose, bright and fresh like the nose but much sugar sweetness than nose suggested. The yeast picks up with the cinnamon in the back along with some subdued raspberry tartness. Clean and fresh. Palate is a bit syrupy, though has enough carbonation to lift the sweetness some. Overall a clean and refreshing fruit beer.

VTHopHead (1513) - Seymour, Tennessee, USA - JAN 3, 2010
Bottle/.5L - Pours a dark reddish amber in color with a very small pinkish head that fades to almost nothing. Aroma is incredibly strong of raspberries... sweet, tart and very fruity. This is more like a raspberry soda than a beer, but good...

DeadGuyPerez (106) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 30, 2009
Bottle. Poured a dark red with no head to speak of. Aroma was raspberries, and so was the taste. Very enjoyable all around but didn’t really taste like "beer". Then again, this is the first I’ve had of this style. I’ll have to rate again when I’ve sampled more.

drowland (9078) - Georgia, USA - DEC 22, 2009
Bomber (2009) into a pint glass. Pours a deep red, almost purple. The aroma is fruity and sour with tons of raspberry flavor and a bit of malt and hop. Not bad for what it is.