overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 361   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Bottle: Pasteurised.
The small and historical All Saints Brewery is located in Stamford, Lincolnshire - a region famous for excellent fruit. The Samuel Smith’s Organic Fruit Beers are brewed and fermented there, then transferred to Samuel Smith’s Brewery, in Tadcaster, for conditioning, aging, and packaging. The complex multiple yeast strains used to ferment these beers lead to a beautiful marriage with pure, rich Certified Organic fruit. Tasting notes: Strawberries offer a soft and subtle flavour, making the character of this fruit beer extremely sophisticated and refined. The smooth malt and aromatic strawberry flavours merge together in an elegant fashion, with the fresh flavours of ripe strawberries shining through.

tennessejed420 (940) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 15, 2011
bottle. Pours dark reddish, cloudy orange with slightly pink tinted fizzy head, actually alot bigger than expected. Aroma includes strawberry jelly, exactly like what I would put on my toast, but also kind of with a sharp edge to it, in a good way. Taste is not as good, and after the first sip I can tell it will be hard to finish this one. There are just too many strawberries, and it is too sweet, cloying, and overwhelming for me. However it is drinkable, not horrible, and there is a touch of biscuit and caramel to the finish. I guess I just felt like trying a fruit beer or a lambic today, and was hoping this would be a little more tart. Too sweet for me.

Christian (13815) - Odense, DENMARK - MAR 12, 2011
Cloudy orange with a small white head. Aroma dominated by strawberry jam, with hints of caramel and peppermint. Sweet caramel and strawberry flavour almost with a touch of vanilla custard

Chimpotle (3) - Kansas, USA - MAR 9, 2011 does not count
This is what I get for buying a Strawberry beer. Aroma is overpowered with strawberries, like I had just poured a soda instead of beer. Decent head with moderate lacing. Taste isn’t as sweet as the smell, but still all strawberry. Finished a little bitter. Couldn’t down this fast enough.

Beerdrinker79 (2218) - Idaho, USA - MAR 4, 2011
550 ml. bottle- Pours cloudy orange with a thin bone white head, aroma is wow, strawberries, I also detect bananas, very pleasing. The flavor is again strawberry and banana, some might say that these fruit beers are kind of one noted, but I like them, this strawberry one I think could have been a bit more complex, I think some clove or even a bit more hops would have helped, I liked the raspberry one alot better. The body is medium, carbonation is high, it tastes almost like a lambic. Interesting, I will have to try the cherry one next.

harrisoni (19318) - Ashford, Kent, ENGLAND - FEB 26, 2011
Bottle at The Rake. Reddish copper colourlasting white head. Swet straberry kiddie sweet strawberry aroma. Its fine. Quite sweet with aome strawberry syrup. Rather drinkable I think. Touch of plastic

tommann (3939) - Dudley, West Midlands, ENGLAND - FEB 24, 2011
355ml bottle. Pours a hazy orange with a medium head. Aroma is tart strawberry and some barnyard underneath. Taste is a sweet strawberry start and tart strawberry seeds to finish. A bit thin.

bruno1378 (126) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - FEB 21, 2011
I tried this after trying the raspberry beer, which I really enjoyed. This one? Not so much. The smell is a bit too overpowering with the strawberry aroma. It’s also overly sweet.

crossovert (13908) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 21, 2011
Really just not a strong fruit beer offering. It tastes like strawberry crush soda.

mbalmer (16) - Michigan, USA - JAN 23, 2011
Holy cow. Anyway. Popped at home and poured into a tall goblet (closest I had to a flute). AROMA: Strawberries. HUGE aroma of strawberries, ripe, sweet, and delicious. Slightest hint of malt. APPEARANCE: Absolutely gorgeous cloudy deep peach pour with a thin pale peach head that leaves a surprising amount of lacing. TASTE: Knocked me over. Sweet, but not ridiculously so - certainly not soda sweet. Has a lot of the natural berry tartness remaining, along with a gentle malt back-end that carries you to the finish. PALATE: A bit heavy - the only downside to this beer. It’s not light enough to be an opener, but it’s perfect as a dessert beer or a breakfast beer. OVERALL: Wow. If I’dve had this the first time I tried beer, I’d be an alcoholic. I could drink WAAAAY too much of this stuff.

DiarmaidBHK (5884) - Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 21, 2011
What a wonderful strawberry aroma. Nice balanced taste with hints of malt to counterbalance the sweetness of the strawberries. pours a nice peach color and finishes smooth.