overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 359   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Bottle: Pasteurised.
The small and historical All Saints Brewery is located in Stamford, Lincolnshire - a region famous for excellent fruit. The Samuel Smith’s Organic Fruit Beers are brewed and fermented there, then transferred to Samuel Smith’s Brewery, in Tadcaster, for conditioning, aging, and packaging. The complex multiple yeast strains used to ferment these beers lead to a beautiful marriage with pure, rich Certified Organic fruit. Tasting notes: Strawberries offer a soft and subtle flavour, making the character of this fruit beer extremely sophisticated and refined. The smooth malt and aromatic strawberry flavours merge together in an elegant fashion, with the fresh flavours of ripe strawberries shining through.

Bamaboy1975 (242) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - MAR 9, 2013
An opaque copper color, frothy head with high retention, and heavy lacing. Smells like strawberry jam! Tastes like strawberry jam as well. I have a sweet tooth and I'm loving this right now. If you're one to dislike sweet things, I wouldn't recommend it, but it is highly recommended to anyone who does. While it says it's made with fruit juice, it doesn't taste artificial to me, which is a huge plus. Like a heavily carbonated juice. I can't believe I didn't try this sooner! I kept passing it up for the other Sam Smith stouts (also awesome) but I'm interested in their other fruit beers now. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

spacemonster (90) - Igo, California, USA - MAY 2, 2013
Look? this is a wonderful ale. So so delicious! It’s well under-rated. Holy moly It’s tasty. Doesn’t get any better than this.

FROTHINGSLOSH (8069) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 9, 2009
Sampled from an 18.7 oz brown bottle this beer poured a red-brown color with a large orange-white head. The aroma was intense and incredibly strong sweet strawberry jam. The flavor was strong tart and sweet strawberry jam. The finish was long with tart strawberry. Wonderful!

mbalmer (16) - Michigan, USA - JAN 23, 2011
Holy cow. Anyway. Popped at home and poured into a tall goblet (closest I had to a flute). AROMA: Strawberries. HUGE aroma of strawberries, ripe, sweet, and delicious. Slightest hint of malt. APPEARANCE: Absolutely gorgeous cloudy deep peach pour with a thin pale peach head that leaves a surprising amount of lacing. TASTE: Knocked me over. Sweet, but not ridiculously so - certainly not soda sweet. Has a lot of the natural berry tartness remaining, along with a gentle malt back-end that carries you to the finish. PALATE: A bit heavy - the only downside to this beer. It’s not light enough to be an opener, but it’s perfect as a dessert beer or a breakfast beer. OVERALL: Wow. If I’dve had this the first time I tried beer, I’d be an alcoholic. I could drink WAAAAY too much of this stuff.

BlackEyePA (573) - USA - JUL 22, 2012
Amazing. Really fruity, strawberry aroma is epic, bright and floral. Color is red berry soft color. Taste is strawberry, sugary sweet, not too sweet.. Beautiful upbeat light crisp summer beer. Palate is just right, doesnt stay too long, no hop to note. Overall it works, taste like I want strawberry beer to taste

jdavidh (164) - California, USA - MAY 12, 2013
This was amazing - one of the best fruit beers I’ve ever had. The nose was crisp and refreshing, and heavy with strawberries. Appearance was a phenomenal, deep red. Taste was off the charts - extremely tart, just the right amount of sweetness. Loaded with lots of tingling carbonation.
It’s not really all that beery, but it’s a phenomenally refreshing and delicious beverage.

timesetter (1) - Seattle, Washington, USA - SEP 14, 2017 does not count
When I picked this up, I was hoping it would be almost exactly what it is... a strawberry ale. I was immediately struck by the scent of fresh strawberries when I popped the cap. About 30 minutes in the fridge and it was perfectly chilled. Nicely carbonated. It was a little sweeter than I hoped for, but that is not to say that it wasn't delicious. I was hoping for a strawberry beer, and that's what this is. Thank you Samuel Smith.

Lemke10 (993) - Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 24, 2013
Pours a clear golden amber color with a very thick long lasting head. Scent is that of strong sweet strawberries. The taste reminds me of a delicious strawberry smoothie in the summer. Very nicely made and blended. I understand that there are some people of there that don’t like flavored beers, but if you like fruit beers...this is a must try beer!

BiiruBierBeer (1056) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - SEP 21, 2014
Smells like strawberries and maybe whipped cream. Texture is kind of watery, light foam, and very little fizz, kind of like drinking soda after it is almost (but clearly not) flat. Tastes like tart strawberry jam with natural sweetness. Aftertaste is similar with just a TINY hint of bitterness and is medium to long length.

antnee1515 (8) - Connecticut, USA - OCT 21, 2010 does not count
Stumbled onto this by mistake and has become one of my favorite "dessert" beers to date. (dessert meaning, "instead of eating a pint of ice cream, I’ll have a pint of this). Rich in color with a truly remarkable aroma, this fruit beer totally changed my mind as to the limits beer can go with fruit flavor. Although not for everyone, it will be a sure hit with the girlfriend or wife when it comes to, "c’mon, honey, lets have one more!"