overall
Style: Pale Lager
Tadcaster, England

RATINGS: 672   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Bottle: Pasteurised
A full-bodied lager with lots of malt and hop character. A touch hoppier than many lagers yet perfectly balanced with lots of fruity hop character and fragrance.

Joe_chicali (2) - Mexicali, MEXICO - SEP 7, 2012 does not count
great beer , i wouldnt call it beer i would call it a masterpiece , great tase of hops and i like the idea its Organic , Cheers!

ronaldtheriot (1936) - Laplace, Louisiana, USA - JUL 21, 2012
18.7 oz. bottle. Samuel Smith’s Organic Lager has a thick, creamy, white head and a slightly hazy, extremely bubbly, straw appearance, leaving lots of thick lacing behind. The aroma is sweet barley malt, biscuit, and just a touch of stinging hops. Taste is wonderful- sweet barley malt, sugar, water, and good hop balance. Mouthfeel is light, and Samuel Smith’s Organic Lager finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, ultra drinkable, and mostly dry. Overall, this is a most excellent beer! RJT

Wulfstan (509) - California, USA - NOV 19, 2007
I’ve been drinking Samuel Smith ales since the early 1990s but only now tried this and it’s wonderful. Deep golden with a thick, dense, lasting white head that leaves some lacing, its aroma is a strong pale-lager aroma, malt, grain, a bit flowery, with a musty dust element. The taste is very nice, again a strong, full-bodied pale lager taste: grain, bitter and sweet balance, flowery a bit on the hoppy side for the style, with strong malt taste transitioning into a pleasantly bitter, hoppy finish. It is refreshing and tasty, very smooth and drinkable.

RedEft (155) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - SEP 24, 2006
Pours a beautiful, deep gold with a nice white head. Aroma is slightly sweet whitebread and malts. The taste starts out surprisingly malty and finishes with a slight hop twinge. A superb lager, absolutely delicious.

jde123 (775) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - MAR 2, 2004
This beer pours into the glass like a hurricane of tasty looking amber liquid. Looks good to me! Smells of hops and grains, quite pleasant. Flavor is nce, kind of bland, but something that you can sit around with. I really enjoy Samuel Smith's organic line.

rob6799 (7) - Washington, USA - MAY 29, 2004 does not count
That was a really good beer. Light pale color, great taste and aroma. Nice slightly sweet malt with the perfect hoppy balance. Wonderful aftertaste. Loved this beer and recommend it.

phip1 (9) - USA - MAR 9, 2006 does not count
The first organic beer that i have ever had. Absolutely delicious and what really got me hooked on the organics. beautiful flavor and not bitter. one of my favorite.

boojummy (50) - Medford, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 28, 2006
Despite getting a Sam Smith’s Organic Lager when I actually ordered an Organic Ale (don’t know if I would have tried the lager otherwise), I was thrilled when I actually tasted this beer. Which says a lot-- I’ve never once before had a non-skunk Sam Smith. But this place (The Other Side Cafe) seems to know how to keep its beer, so I thought I’d give it another try. This beer poured a brilliant (and I mean totally sparkling clear) golden color with a small white head. Aroma was intriguingly malty and faintly hoppy. I’ve always found lagers to be too thin for my taste, and I’d simply determined that I wasn’t a fan of the style, but this makes me think twice. Huge malt flavor, sweet, full-bodied, and very clean-- no sulfur or other off-flavors, just malt and hops. Super pale! Carbonation was refreshing, and there was a faint noble hop flavor on the backend. Amazing, outstanding beer. I would probably go for this more often if it weren’t $6 a bottle in Boston. I know that this doesn’t taste like a typical lager, but as a BEER, I like it.

dankbrewqueen (41) - Morongo Valley, California, USA - SEP 7, 2006
Completely agree with commercial description. It’s is an absolutely delicious beer. Would buy time and time again.

jpknight22 (171) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - SEP 14, 2002
I prefer the Pure Brewed Lager over this find, but I was pleasantly surprised. Still worthy of bearing the name.