overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 369   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Bottle: Pasteurised.
The small and historical All Saints Brewery is located in Stamford, Lincolnshire - a region famous for excellent fruit. The Samuel Smith’s Organic Fruit Beers are brewed and fermented there, then transferred to Samuel Smith’s Brewery, in Tadcaster, for conditioning, aging, and packaging. The complex multiple yeast strains used to ferment these beers lead to a beautiful marriage with pure, rich Certified Organic fruit. Tasting notes: Strawberries offer a soft and subtle flavour, making the character of this fruit beer extremely sophisticated and refined. The smooth malt and aromatic strawberry flavours merge together in an elegant fashion, with the fresh flavours of ripe strawberries shining through.

weihenweizen (3827) - Charleston Area, West Virginia, USA - APR 23, 2011
Refrigerated bottle poured into a white wine glass. Pours a medium orange with light orange highlights. Good carbonation, good lacing, and medium body. Taste is medium strawberry. The strawberry sits on top of the beer a little.

magsinva (1250) - Virginia, USA - APR 22, 2011
bottle - smells of strawberry breakfast cereal; pours a cloudy amber-peach with a thick white head. Taste is a bit sweet, starts malty and finishes with light strawberry flavor. The mouth feel is a little weird as it is fizzy and creamy. Overall, this is the style of beer I typically like, but this one just doesn’t do it for me. Drinkable, but not my first choice.

Nena (963) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 20, 2011
Hazey light orange pour, white head. Potent strawberry soda aroma. Reminds me a lot of strawberry soda in the flavor as well, with a little yeastiness and a mild herbal hop bitterness. Sweet with a moderately light body and pretty zippy carbonation. Reasonably tasty, if a bit sweet and low on complexity. It did please a friend who normally hates beer.

stobbe74 (3789) - DENMARK - APR 15, 2011
Bottle. Pours a clear and dark amber beer with an offwhite head. The aroma is strawberries. The flavor is strawberries and notes of malt. The palate is sweetness. Overall a very sweet beer with an intense strawberry, but well balanced.

sfhodense (4789) - Odense NØ, DENMARK - MAR 27, 2011
Pours amber with a white head. Aroma is cloying artificial strawberry. Flavour is light malt, light bitter and strawberry. Strange.

chibuck (3513) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 23, 2011
It pours a cloudy peach with a light white head and poor lacing. The aroma is great very fruity, abounding with strawberries almost a candy strawberry not the fruit, maybe a gum strawberry. The taste is ok, the strawberry taste is almost a let down after how powerful the aroma was. You don’t taste much more than the strawberry. Not much of a mouthfeel, so-so drinkability. I could have one but then good for a few months, but honestly not sure if I’d drink this again.

tennessejed420 (940) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 15, 2011
bottle. Pours dark reddish, cloudy orange with slightly pink tinted fizzy head, actually alot bigger than expected. Aroma includes strawberry jelly, exactly like what I would put on my toast, but also kind of with a sharp edge to it, in a good way. Taste is not as good, and after the first sip I can tell it will be hard to finish this one. There are just too many strawberries, and it is too sweet, cloying, and overwhelming for me. However it is drinkable, not horrible, and there is a touch of biscuit and caramel to the finish. I guess I just felt like trying a fruit beer or a lambic today, and was hoping this would be a little more tart. Too sweet for me.

Christian (13670) - Odense, DENMARK - MAR 12, 2011
Cloudy orange with a small white head. Aroma dominated by strawberry jam, with hints of caramel and peppermint. Sweet caramel and strawberry flavour almost with a touch of vanilla custard

Chimpotle (3) - Kansas, USA - MAR 9, 2011 does not count
This is what I get for buying a Strawberry beer. Aroma is overpowered with strawberries, like I had just poured a soda instead of beer. Decent head with moderate lacing. Taste isn’t as sweet as the smell, but still all strawberry. Finished a little bitter. Couldn’t down this fast enough.

Beerdrinker79 (2188) - Idaho, USA - MAR 4, 2011
550 ml. bottle- Pours cloudy orange with a thin bone white head, aroma is wow, strawberries, I also detect bananas, very pleasing. The flavor is again strawberry and banana, some might say that these fruit beers are kind of one noted, but I like them, this strawberry one I think could have been a bit more complex, I think some clove or even a bit more hops would have helped, I liked the raspberry one alot better. The body is medium, carbonation is high, it tastes almost like a lambic. Interesting, I will have to try the cherry one next.