overall
Brewed by San Miguel
Style: Pale Lager
Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila, Philippines

RATINGS: 174   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.58/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
The Philippine’s first and only low-calorie beer. It has the same refreshing, full-flavored taste and alcohol content of the nation’s favorite brew, San Miguel Pale Pilsen.

Manila_BigDog (1) - PHILIPPINES - FEB 26, 2013 does not count
Without a doubt my favorite beer. And the #1 reason is whenever I’m drinking one it means I’m HOME in the Philippines. Of course this is a biased review, but it’s my Home Beer!!!

senshu69 (1) - kennard, Texas, USA - FEB 16, 2013 does not count
Philippine’s first and only low-calorie beer. It has the same refreshing, full-flavored taste add a lime good to go

sanmiguel (118) - Illinois, USA - MAR 21, 2006
I drank a lot of these when I was in the Philippines last July 2005. It may be watery, but it goes well with Filipino food (Filipino-style BBQ and grilled fish). Recommended ice-cold and with food.

beer_rookie (635) - Arkansas, USA - NOV 27, 2016
Pre-pour thoughts. I watched a couple of commercials for this. One with Sam Pinto, whoever that is, and kind from the 90’s, which I found to be funny. I like the stamped bottles. "Property of San Miguel Brewery" it says. Okay, so next time I’m in the Philippines I’ll try to remember to return it. I very much dislike the clear bottle. I like the description on the label, made me laugh. So far, so good, I guess.

Poured into pint glass. Poured perfectly! Not skunked! Very clear straw color. Poured with a nice one finger or so foamy, thickish white head. Actually a decent head retention. Pretty good lacing. Very carbonated.

Aroma is light roasted barley and rice. Rice actually is probably dominate. Light hops. Light banana, light grapeskin.

Taste is eh. I get rice husk, sort of a stale mildewy taste. Lightly sweet, a touch spicy bitter. That’s about it.

Mouthfeel is light bodied. Watery. Crisp and dry. So carbonated it leaves a crackle behind even after the swallow, which adds to the dryness.

Overall, for a light import in a clear bottle, this is remarkable. I’m blown away by the aroma. It lacks in taste, but so good. This has some notable characteristics to it, and is less industrial than American macro light lagers. Yes, I would buy this again, and I would recommend it.

lbritt99 (15) - Alabama, USA - FEB 9, 2002
To watery for my taste. I would stick to San Miguel regular.................

Darkmagus82 (2302) - - DEC 3, 2015
Poured from bottle into a pint glass Appearance – The beer pours a golden straw color with a two finger head of pure white foam. The head has a decent level of retention, fading over time to leave a bit of foamy lace on the sides of the glass. Smell – The aroma of the brew rather nice for a light brew in a clear bottle. While I was expecting tons of skunk, there was none, instead the brews aroma was quite strong of a cereal smell; sorta like cheerios. Along with these smells comes some corn syrup and a bit of caramel as well. Taste – The taste begins with a bready taste mixed with some caramel. As the taste moves on, some of the caramel fades, being replaced by a blend of light fruits and corn syrup sweetness. All the while some hay and grass develop in the middle of the tongue, with them only fading later more toward the end of the taste. With the flavors that are left at the end of the taste, and with a little bit of a cardboard taste that comes at the very end, one is left with a malty, lightly off (cardboard and corn) taste to linger on the tongue. Mouthfeel – The body of the brew is thin with a carbonation level that is on the higher side. For the somewhat off and lighter abv. of the brew the feel is quite appropriate and makes for a more easy drinking brew overall. Overall – A decent light brew overall. Its aroma was very surprising to me, but its flavor was a bit lacking. Nothing all that hot here, but hey, if you are drinking a light beer looking for tons of flavor, then you are automatically barking up the wrong tree. Also for only 100 calories for the 11.2 fl.oz bottle, this light beer packs more punch then the average light beer so….

jm1907 (18) - P=Town, California, USA - JUL 16, 2008
Drink it with a lime. Drink all imported beers with spanish names in clear bottles with limes. Makes me smile. A light beer with 5% alcohol. I think it is redonkulously good. Perhaps redoubledonkulously good. If you ranked all light beers on 6-pack vibes, this can’t possibly be beat. Twelve will make you sputter Tagalong slurs at your grandma.

wlajwl (7010) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - DEC 26, 2011
Relatively fruity for a pale lager with a decent bready malt backbone. Better than what I was expecting, a decent pale lager.

pkbites (970) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 7, 2008
Not horribly offensive and somewhat refreshing. If you can get it cheap enough it may make a good lawn mowing brew.

boozedude (2228) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - APR 21, 2012
Pours pale yellow..aroma of corn.. Taste is really light...nit much to it...would be a good summer "drink 20 of em" beer... Well if it wasnt 8 bucks a six pack anyway...